The Haul - August 2016

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Wow:happy093: a Jayuruh brush with on Omega 49 knot:love055:. If it needs a good home..... I think it would enjoy life in Seoul.

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Fresh off the FedEx truck............ IMG_0672.jpg

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

You are getting some great Avon finds!

4. jimjo1031

That's my favorite one. Mail just came and going to put up another pic of more of them.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

USPS showed up and delivered these nine still full of After Shave......... IMG_0673.jpg

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Just in from Whipped Dog: 24x70 High Mountain Badger. Ordered Monday... arrived Wendesday (of the same week). That is some sort of record. So happy. This knot is for the Jayaruh #94 faux 400. It is going to @bscarpenter .

IMG_1237.jpg

7. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I look forward to seeing the finished brush. I'll need a knot for my latest arrival and I think this one might be a good choice.
    [​IMG]

8. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Nothing new here for quite a while - but this arrived yesterday:

PuB.jpg

I haven't used it yet - but if that stuff performs as good as it smells, tomorrow's shave will be fantastic :)

9. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

It does, Martin, it does. Look forward to it. Top of my list actually. Slicker than B&M.

Redfisher, Marverel and Douglas Carey like this.
  10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Beautiful brush, good soap.

Halvor and Redfisher like this.
  11. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

today, a package from Spain arrived:

[​IMG]
    I wanted the Soap and the Aftershave for a while now...so i bought it. The Soap smells very good, but the Aftershave....WOW!!! Amazong scent!!! The only problem is, that 1/4 of the bottle drained off during the transport to Germany. I think the cap was a bit loose or the cap wasn´t tight 100%...i wrote a customer complaint and asked how we can solve the problem. Let´s see...

Yesterday a shipment from Greece arrived:

[​IMG]
    Faena Natural Products...Aftershave Lotion, Aftershave Balm and Beard Care. Great Scent!!! Xylon & Myrtle...fresh but "woodsy" for my nose. I love the scent. You can use the Aftershave Balm as a daily cream, maybe as a moisturizer or stuff like that. Feels really great on the skin. And the scent lasts a good while.

Tomorrow i will collect my "Feather Artis Club SS Straight" from Customs Clearence. Curious about that. Sunday will be my first shave. Wish me lick guys, that everything will go well and without any injuries.

That´s it for now.

Greetings
    Thorsten​

12. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

WOW!!! That looks pretty awesome. Do you have any more informations about that beauty?

Greetings
    Thorsten

Robyflexx and Douglas Carey like this.
  13. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Douglas Carey likes this.
  14. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

That handle looks fantastic, where did you buy it from? I'm looking into assembling my own brush.

RyX and Douglas Carey like this.
  15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great looking
    Great looking arrivals Thorsten. I'm sure you are having a great day. :happy096:

16. jimjo1031

The Bostonian arrived today and I found out it was made in Canada. Looks like the silver is mostly gone from the handle, which I already knew from the pics. But still not bad and cleaned up will still look good, after relining. Maybe it would be a good candidate for a re-finish job. IMG_0678.jpg

17. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I didn't buy it. I traded for it with a member that made it himself. I'm sure he could sell many if he ever found a way to go into production.

18. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

After the first shave , I decided it wasn't as sharp as I thought. I need to take it to the hones and touch up the edge a little bit. The good news is I love the balance and maneuverability of the razor. It's easy to easy to use, and of course the lack of scales makes it a breeze to clean and hone. I've been too busy to work on the edge lately, but as soon as I can I'll get to it and try again.

Douglas Carey, Robyflexx and ob1page like this.
  19. jimjo1031

It cleaned up pretty good for that brass/silver two tone look. IMG_0680.jpg

20. RyX

RyX DoH!

The handle is a reproduction of a Rubberset400. Our @twhite made it.
    If you like the handle read this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.