SoS: August 22, 2016 - August 28, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Aug 21, 2016.

1. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE DAY
    20160824_210429.jpg

Prep: shower with Soap Commander Vision bath soap
    Razor: Icon X3/Maggard handle
    Blade: Persona Med Prep (1st shave)
    Brush: Maggard 26mm synthetic
    Soap: Viking Ironside

Had my first shave with Viking soaps today. Very nice clean masculine scent, consistancy is a firm croap. Got a perfect lather and am impressed with the quality of this soap. Hope future shaves are just as good, it felt like there was no blade in the razor, smooth sailing. Ended up with a BBS shave, finished off with Endurance balm. Hope everyone had a great shave!

2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Nice handle, is that a new offering?

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Billyfergie, Robyflexx, ram57 and 2 others like this.
  3. SHAVEWIZARD420

It may take a few shaves to notice any difference with the bison tallow, but It did make a pretty good lather. The consistancy is a bit soft so I scooped a bit out and bowl lathered to start out.

Tdmsu, Robyflexx, ram57 and 1 other person like this.
  4. SHAVEWIZARD420

Thank you! I believe it is a prototype. Was at Maggards the other day and found it in a free box. It has some scuff marks near the bottom, but it shaved great on its Maiden voyage!

Tdmsu, ram57 and Linuxguile like this.
  5. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Wolfman WR1- SB with WRH7 Titanium
    Feather HS #2
    Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
    Savonniere du Moulin Tempete
    Mentholated Witch Hazel
    Gold Bond Green Lotion
    Folsom & Co Shambala

[​IMG]

6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I appreciate the link and info. I've had two responses from Gareth now and no definitive answer but I understand the reason why. We'll know in a few weeks.

Robyflexx, clint64 and jimjo1031 like this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Awesome Adjustable Arko August!!!!

August 24

Grand Blade Trial

Razor - 1962 (H1) Gillette Slim (9)
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Arko
    Brush - Wolf Whiskers Custom Silvertip
    Post - Alum, The Veg

Final day on the Rockwell and I find it interesting that @wmbjr and I seem to be having reversed opinions of this blade. Obviously, as I have stated many times, blades are subjective and different skin types, beard growth etc. can change the results 180 degrees from one person to another. His first day at the mild setting was quite good. Mine was not. At 6 on the Slim I felt it smoothing out and giving me a very nice, if not excellent shave. He felt it was loosing smoothness and not quite as good as on the mildest setting. Well, this morning I did the final day with the Slim wide open and.......I'm actually somewhat impressed.

First pass was a really efficient WTG and got good reduction. I don't think it's the sharpest blade I've used, but it isn't dull either. The second, XTG, pass was enough to land a DFS. Now that's a good result in my book as I often do two passes to the DFS and call it a day. The fact that it got there was a major point in favor of the blade. The third pass, ATG and Gillette Slide, nearly got the baby but was still very smooth and no blood at all. Alum was no worse than yesterday so no added irritation.

My rating of the blade would run from a B to an A-, with the higher grade in the more aggressive razor. Definitely a blade I would keep around as a break in routine from my Russians. I certainly favor it more than I thought I would after day one. And, from what I hear, the razor is an awesome tool as well! I may have to invest in one. I may wait until the TTO comes out next Spring. But, the 6S may get to be too much of a temptation for me. Seen lots of good things about it. And, I'd like to try it with some Russians as well as its own blade.

Now, as to the origin of the Rockwell, I am continuing to discuss this with Gareth and he is a great guy to deal with. Rather than just ignore me (like I'm used to by most companies until I bug the living hell out of them) he has responded a couple of times with a great attitude and let me know what's going on. Enough to know he really can't say much yet, but I have a tentative date when all can be revealed. I think he's following along some now so if so....thanks again for your help! And continued good luck with your business!

One final note, for those who wonder why the Blade Czar would work out of the middle of the USA instead of the middle of the Motherland.....this just in from the Moscow news bureau...........The Lou may have its problems.......but we've never seen anything like THIS event in Moscow!

And on that note - Have a great evening and a better tomorrow!​

120inna55, alfredus, Jayaruh and 16 others like this.
  8. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Wicked brush Doug. First time seeing a brush from Steve in this color B4. :happy088:

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  9. ram57

Thanks Doug, made it to Idaho Falls safe and sound.

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  10. ram57

Wonderful setup Mark!:happy088:

11. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

The Cream is a good match with the After Shave. It is manufactured and sold in Europe.

12. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

That's great. I will try and find a local retailer. Thanks for the information.

Sent from my LG-V480 using Tapatalk

Robyflexx, clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Are you in UK. If so Gemstone sells both.

14. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hello folks, today's SOTD was performed with my 1940/41 Gillette Milord Tech. The blade was a Gillette Silver Blue from Russia, and the shaving cream was Trumpers GFT from England. My brush for this shave was my new Simpsons Special S1. It also was from England. And for post shave, from Germany, Nivea post shave balm, and my 4711 cologne. I just got the 4711 in today's mail. I like it already. Also of note, the Trumpers GFT is one of the finest shaving creams I have ever used. Great slickness and protection for my face. This is the fourth tube I have opened in the four or five years I have been DE shaving again. It is by far the most used shaving cream by me. I love the scent too. -

[​IMG]

God Bless, and have a great night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

120inna55, alfredus, Jayaruh and 21 others like this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 25th Aug
    RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
    MWF
    Merkur Futur
    Personna Lab Blue [1 ]
    Alum Rub/Rinse Off
    Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

After using both SE /Injectors decided it was time to keep my hand in with my DE Razors which are rather neglected.
    Chose the Futur as a follow up to the PAL adjustable , as both look a bit space age.

As I personally find DE razors less forgiving than SE Or Injectors , I chose to use lower setting on the Razor. After what seemed a quick shave, I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth and comfortable it was. Not only that, but the quality of the finished shave was up there with the best.

IMG_0810.jpg

120inna55, alfredus, Jayaruh and 22 others like this.
  16. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thu. 8/25/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Magnificent shave this morning with the PAL Injecto-Matic fitted with a Dutch Danglies blade. Wonderful lather from the Tabac shave stick. Slick, rich, and lovely scent. Three passes and I am dolphin smooth and refreshed. Have a great day friends. :)

17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good picture Roby.

Robyflexx and clint64 like this.
  18. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!! SOTD 08/25/16

'62 Gillette Slim (set on 7)
    Personna(6)
    Synthetic
    Barbasol Pacific Rush
    Three Passes,Cold Water Rinse
    Alum Block,Barbasol Pacific Rush A/S

No picture this morning had a long day yesterday, A very nice and smooth shave with the above items.:happy088:

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!:)

19. ClaudioBP

ClaudioBP Well-Known Member

20. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent setup of fine gear amigo. Have a great Thursday. :happy088: