Vendors Rules?

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by RyX, Sep 25, 2016.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Dear Powers That Be,
    I'm in conversation with a vendor of a specific shave related product. I suggested they might check in with folks here because several members are enjoying their offering. Is there a list of rules, or a specific thread I can steer them toward for Vendor Information?
    Thank you, Rick

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

@RyX

Rick,

Rules for your perusal:

http://theshaveden.com/forums/index.php?threads/28331/

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you Chris!

4. Shadesfanclub

Shadesfanclub Member

I see that there are very specific guidelines that pertain to way that vendors are to conduct themselves, but I am not seeing any tabs that highlight who the vendors are and what services they can provide. Are there any official vendors that are paying to post. because I do not know where to find them of the forums. I am generally interest, because I would like to know about razor revamp and restoration services. I stumbled on the mention of a new company today by accident based off of a mention in a conversation. I there anyway to get a tab for vendors so as a interested consumer it is easier for me to find them?

5. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

I don't think there is a list of vendors but they have the supporting vendor badge.
    That being said here is a list for you
    First of all there is The Shave Den shop
    The following are supporting vendors:
    soapbuddy - Ginger's Garden
    gssixgun - Gemstar Custom Razors
    Drygulch - Drygulch Leatherworks
    Jayaruh - Jayaruh Shaving
    Sargon - Shavetools
    Salty Belle - Route 66
    TheSoapExchange - The Soap Exchange
    KLF - Tierra Santa Shaving
    dapper636 - Black Tie Razor Company
    Crowne & Crane - Crowne & Crane
    ezlovan - Stirling Soap Company

(I believe this list is complete however if I inadvertently left a vendor out my apologies)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

It would be nice to have a tab with these links. It would make it easier for us to support these vendors. (Saving this thread for this purpose)

7. Bama Samurai

@sparky5693 - does such an approved list exist outside of the Vendor subforum threads? Thanks!

Salty Belle, RyX and mrchick like this.
  8. Shadesfanclub

Shadesfanclub Member

It seems to me that if Vendors are going to pay to use this forum they should get a little something for their money. If we in turn support these vendors possibly other vendors could be drawn to the forum, and that is a win, win, win benefit for everyone. As users of this forum we will have a longer list of vendors to view and support. Vendors will gain more business, and will possibly be able to expand their product offerings, or improve them. The forum it's self will benefit financially, because more vendors will pay to advertise here.

mrchick likes this.
  9. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

The present system of vendors paying to advertise is flawed. Forums certainly need income to maintain a website. Yet the supposed purpose is the dissemination of information; how to shave and what you can buy to shave with. When a retailer and website owner silences any discussion of product not paying to play via banning and other onerous tactics the very word forum is negated. IE when one such individual with a academic background in University Administration forgets what University means it descends to crass capitalism with as much informational substance as advertising puffery. We deserve better.

10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

You can be a vendor on this website at zero monetary cost, with only quality participation required. The rules for them aren't all that strict, simply guidelines about how they can conduct their business here, and a lot of them are very active on the forum in general.

Also, none of them are paying to advertise here, because there aren't any ads here.

There is no advertising by vendors here, so I am not sure your post is relevant to this particular forum. (I know what/who you are talking about, but I am not sure a lot of the people reading this do.)

Queen of Blades likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Auctoritas non veritas facit legem

12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Generosus equus non curat canem latrantem.

Bama Samurai and RyX like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

"Anything less than the best is a felony."

-R. Van Winkle

mrchick likes this.
  14. Bama Samurai

We allow a path to market here that involves no money. It's in the rules. It appears he's talking about another forum. I only post and read here, and don't see any of that nonsense on TSD. We can discuss anything, we are a user supported community. There is a forum store, because servers cost money, and the products are germane to the forum topic.

mrchick, RyX and PickledNorthern like this.
  15. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

I was aware of this forum's generous policy making my post. As others have stated their forum experience is not so catholic and they may
    find themselves 'innocents abroad' should they venture into those Jonathan Swift lands. Websearches lack that old cartographer's warning 'here lie dragons.'
    I will let my pig latin Addam's family motto stand as reply.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  16. Bama Samurai

The balance between forum "community" and letting marketing snipers shoot at an assembled formation is a delicate one at best. Perhaps I've been spared by my lack of range.