Travel container for Palmolive shave stick

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by gadabout, Aug 13, 2016.

1. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I recently decided to make a Palmolive shave stick my "go to" soap for traveling. Unfortunately, it doesn't come in a suitable container. Anybody have any suggestions for what I could use for a container. I of course, want it to be as small as practical, so it doesn't take too much space in my Dopp kit.

TitanTTB, Robyflexx and ob1page like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I ditch the plastic end piece and use a pill bottle from the pharmacy.

Robyflexx and ob1page like this.
  4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I keep my Arko Stick in a zip lock bag. Not too elegant, but it works.

5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

You can buy one of these.
    image.jpeg

Shaver X likes this.
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

178-bplatoon and barbersurgeon like this.
  7. gadabout

Thanks, guys. So far the pill bottle looks like the most practical solution. The thing from Maggard's looks good too, although it's hard to tell how big it is. It looks a lot like the tubes that come with my Ogallala shave sticks, which are a bit bigger than I want.

Jorvaljr - that thing is cool. What is it?

Jorvaljr likes this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

It's a vintage Colgate shave stick container. You can find them on eBay. I picked up three for about $10. One was twist open, one was slide top and the third was a baby size one. I have the one I showed you with arko shave stick.

TitanTTB likes this.
  9. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

Pill bottles are a good solution & the vintage shave stick tins have the cool factor if you come across one. I put my Palmolive stick in a Colgate Handy Grip. The soap screws into the cap and becomes like a handle.

[​IMG]

178-bplatoon and dangermouse like this.
  10. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

Did Palmolive ever make their own soap stick tin, back in the day? It's a very old soap isn't it?

11. gadabout

I picked up a Colgate Handy Grip recently, similar to the one pictured in Jorvaljr's post. The Palmolive stick is too long to fit in this though. Are the ones with the octagonal shaped caps longer?

12. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

A new stick of Palmolive fit into the Handy Grip container in my post without any trimming or modification. If you want the exact dimensions let me know and I can measure it.

13. gadabout

Thanks. I'll be on the lookout for one of those.