The Update on Rise Super Foam(if anyone's interested)

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Paul Turner, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, as I was suspecting, they stopped selling the 13 oz. cans(that I have right now)and changed over to selling 8.7 cans. As I've been describing, the latter has the "Rise Super Foam" lettering in blue. I like that better than the green on the 13's. No change in the ingredients. A case of 24 is $36. Googling Rise Shaving Cream will bring you to the website. So-one case of 24 8.7 oz. shaving creams for $36. Let's get to work, mathemeticians, to see how worth it it is. I'll say this though-it takes a long time to go through a 13 oz. can.

Carbide Mike, Bama Samurai and gorgo2 like this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

How's it compare to Barbasol and Gillette?

whiteboy_cannon and Bama Samurai like this.
  3. Paul Turner

It goes on softer than both, and you don't need to wet your face as much prior to using it(Rise). Those ads by Jerry Lucas, Dick Butkus, and Andy Robustelli tell the story(they say "Now if Rise can give you a shave like that without water, imagine what it can do WITH water"). Albeit, they were doing ads for the ORIGINAL Rise, not the Super Foam, but the ingredients for Super Foam don't stray too much.). You can watch the Lucas and Butkus ads on Youtube. I'm, surprised the Robusteli ad isn't on there too-maybe because his pro career was earlier than the other two. I don't think Barbasol and Gillette have the moisture power that Rise does.

Carbide Mike and gorgo2 like this.
  4. Paul Turner

I just saw a comment by a guy on a Rise-related website, trying to answer the question "What Happened To Rise Super Foam?". He gave a kind of cynical answer, first saying he doesn't know what Rise Super Foam is, then saying it probably couldn't succeed in marketing due to it being "canned goo". Hey fella, if you don't know what it is, what makes you thin k it's canned goo? (IMO)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Carbide Mike and Shaver X like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I can't stand comments like that on any product. "I don't think I'd like it" is one thing. "I haven't tried it but I know it sucks" is just idiotic trolling. Amazon reviews on everything are full of them.

6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

The term "canned goo" generally means canned gels rather than foam. Many people put canned gel and canned foam in the same category - aerosol canned products that don't work nearly as well as most non-canned shaving creams. My own experience with multiple canned shaving creams and gels is that the gels work better than the canned shaving creams, and none of them work nearly as well as top-quality shaving soaps or creams. With canned foams, I never did detect any difference among the various brands. Ditto for the canned gels. Those with similar past experiences might well reject all canned products in favor of other alternatives.

What I do very much question is that person's comment that Rise foam probably could not succeed in marketing (I think he meant the marketplace) because it is a canned product. He obviously knows precious little about the current marketplace. A look on store shelves and a little logic will clue him in. Wishful thinking and guesswork will not.

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

I'm pleased to learn that "canned goo" was meant for gels, not foams/creams.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'm one of those who consider any canned shaving product "goo," but that's me.

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

Well, in fact, I never felt that way about gels, I just like the feel of the creams/foams better.