Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

I used Barbasol Soothing Aloe today for the fist time in about 1 month. I spent the past month experimenting with different soaps. While these soaps undoubtedly gave me the closest shaves of my life, they did leave my face a little raw. Barbasol Soothing Aloe to the rescue! While it did not give me the closeness of the soaps I have been using, it got 90% of the way there with absolutely no irritation. Proud member of the Brotherhood !!!

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I did the Aloe this morning too. Wrong day for it(for my face anyway).....it's a nice shaving cream, but should be used in cool/cold weather, IMO. Real Indian summere here in "Tucson", Massachusetts(hint- we don't have a Tucson here).

3. cjw

cjw Active Member

Always have a few cans on hand. Love the stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s and ilts like this.
  4. cjw

cjw Active Member

Use when I'm in a hurry or just don't feel like a brush and soaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilts likes this.
  5. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

THURSDAY 10/20/16 DSCF0773.JPG

Paul Turner likes this.
  6. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

SUNDAY'S BARBASOL SHAVE 10/23/16 DSCF0780.JPG

PLAla and Paul Turner like this.
  7. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

Did anyone else see the Barbasol disposables in the stores? I saw them in the grocery store, looks like they are made by Dorco

Ijustmissedthe50s and ilts like this.
  8. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I used Barbasol Original for my last two shaves... It's hard shaving after having a beard several months.

9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

A Barbasol Brotherhood in a wet shaving forum? Really?! My wife uses it in a pinch. :):):):):)

10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

As a stunt, I used it with straight razors for a month. It worked really well. Just wanted to make people aware that if you end up somewhere without your brush or soap, just buy a $2 can of Barbasol based on performance. I am not advocating that people give up brushes, just having some fun!

gorgo2 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I used Barbasol for 30++ years, I really like the wide range of different flavors they have. :happy005:

Bama Samurai and Paul Turner like this.
  12. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Well, then maybe I should grab a can of that stuff when I visit the US in February ;) I wouldn't have to bring a brush...

Bama Samurai, Paul Turner and ilts like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

That's not a bad plan!

Marverel likes this.
  14. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

I suppose I can get that stuff at every Walgreens/CVS/Walmart/Target ?

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  15. Bama Samurai

Yes. It's available at nearly every pharmacy or grocery chain in America, any of those names will have it. Walgreens also carries a wide array of traditional US aftershave.

Marverel likes this.
  16. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I have not tried canned Barbasol in many, many years. And it was just plain ol' original Barbasol. I do, however, own and love the Barbasol Brisk aftershave. $1.25 at my local Family Dollar and has been hands down my favorite aftershave. May have to pick up a can tomorrow and see what's new with it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

gorgo2 likes this.
  17. Bama Samurai

I really enjoy the slickness and postshave skinfeel. I've only used Barbasol with straights and Shavettes, never with a DE.

ilts likes this.
  18. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Is there a reason you have not used it with a DE?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The stuff works well.

ilts likes this.
  20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

IMO, all foams have gotten a bad rap mostly because of bad foams (gels I have basically no experience, except for Nivea). Gillette's Foamy is thinner/more airy and drier than Barbasol and I won't but it again. I doubt I could bring myself to try the store branded genetics. But more guys have happily used canned for decades than the relatively recent resurgence in soaps, so foams got something going for them.

SharptoothC likes this.