Hamol shaving cream - na'iman!

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by crackstar, Dec 3, 2016.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Unfortunately for me there's a state of war between Israel and Syria so being an Israeli I'm forbidden to travel to Syria. I often ask myself "Why can't our two countries make peace once and for all?" It's so sad when politics have to get in the way of everything, including wetshaving because this is a delightful cream which is number one in Syria.

Ease of lathering: 10/10--A small dab on the chin is more than enough for awesome lather.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--As stable as you could want. Multi-pass shaves are no problem.

General skincare: 9/10--VERY moisturizing, protective, and soothing with a good menthol effect.

Scent: 9/10--Very clean, and traditional. Minty/lemony notes.

Price: N/A--I received this tube from a good friend of mine. I imagine it's reasonably-priced, though.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Absolutely, if I was able to because it's one of the BEST creams I ever used.

Check out this You Tube video and whoever wants a translation is free to ask me. I speak Arabic perfectly!

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Can you go around the corner? Understanding the situation is complex and historical there are some distributors that might be on the OK to buy list.

crackstar likes this.
  3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

With the fighting going on in Syria I don't even know if this cream is still being produced.

RyX likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

After viewing the manufactures website, many of the locations sound familiar but not for happy reasons. Sad when a company shuts down due to economic reasons. Tragic if it happens this way. The commercial you posted & the website show an optimistic view. No expectations, but always hope.

5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

That video was made a long time ago, unfortunately. Who knows what's doing now. :(

6. tepidgrist

tepidgrist New Member

Yes, I agree, it is really tragic.

Yehuda D and RyX like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Are you a fan of this shave soap? I'm always up to try new to me products.

@tepidgrist - you should visit The Welcome Center and make an Introduction Post! Also stop by The Newbie Giveaway for a chance at some prizes. Read the rules to be sure you qualify.

Paul Turner and Yehuda D like this.
  8. Yehuda D

I'm friendly with a guy from Syria who lives on my street. Yesterday we were talking about the conflict over there and when I asked him about this cream he said "I don't think this stuff exists anymore. It's too bad because I enjoyed it too." I use the one I have very sparingly.

RyX likes this.
  9. Yehuda D

There was another Syrian-made cream called "Perfect" but I never tried it. I know this Hamol was the number one seller in Syria, and barbershop were selling it.

RyX likes this.
  10. drnausheerp

drnausheerp Active Member

I'm an expat working in Saudi Arabia, I am trying to find this particular brand either here or in Syria through some friends.

Will let you know what the outcome of my search is.

Yehuda D, Ursa and RyX like this.
  11. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

@Yehuda D , it's a shame war exists at all. It'd be great if every country got along.

Paul Turner, brit and Yehuda D like this.
  12. Yehuda D

Here are some pictures of the cream:

My tube is the old, beat-up looking one and I recently received a nice, brand new one! E6203C5A-AA4B-4809-B84E-0C71BE4EB15D.jpeg 8629B191-712B-4364-82D4-293329CB6889.jpeg

BigMark83 likes this.
  13. Yehuda D

Oh, in the video the barber says to the customer “Na’iman!” which in Arabic is like a blessing. You say that to someone after he gets a haircut or a shave. It literally means “May it be blissful for you!” The response is “Allah inam alik!” which means “May God make it blissful for you as well!”

DesertTime likes this.