DIY Push Up Shave Stick Container

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by jimjo1031, Dec 3, 2016.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Being bored and with nothing else to do, I decided to make a container for the Arko shave stick I got from @Bama Samurai. Yeah, I could've bought one, but where's the challenge in that.

Picture #1 - a pill bottle with a slightly less inside diameter than the Arko stick.
    Picture #2 - using a rotary tool and micro drill bit, remove the bottom while preserving the lipped bottom of the pill bottle.
    Picture #3 - using rotary tool and sanding drum, smooth out the inside the pill bottle bottom.
    Picture #4 - using a larger pill bottle, remove the bottom and cut to a slightly larger diameter of the inside of the pill bottle being used. Smooth out the edges to fit the inside of the pill bottle and it should rest on the inside lip when put in through the top. Drill a small hole where the dimple is to attach a screw, not too long as it is for keeping the bottom plate in place. Don't want to scratch your face when the soap stick gets low.
    Picture #5 - the finished shave stick container after shaving off the sides of the soap stick and trimming the top to make it fit, and with the Rite Aid logo sanded off the cap. It's a tight fit and should hold up while being used. I didn't have time to print out a label for it, but I will eventually as my printer was blocked with packages for Christmas and I was a bit lazy to move them.
    Picture #6 (edited, forgot this one) - bottom view with plate made from larger bottle and screw attached.
    Helpful hint, use tool on low speed, works better.

IMG_0897.jpg IMG_0898.jpg IMG_0899.jpg IMG_0902.jpg IMG_0903.jpg IMG_0904.jpg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  2. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

The skill, ingenuity and old-fashioned craftsmanship demonstrated by the members of this site is nothing short of amazing!

Personally, I was lazy and just found myself a pillbottle slightly larger than my Arko stick. (I think it originally held multiple tubes of Krazy Glue in a package actually.) Open bottle, slide wrapped stick of Arko in, cap bottle, done. No need for push-up when the wrapped stick will just slide out at need.

Carbide Mike and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Good stuff!

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Had that idea when I got it and was bored today.

Carbide Mike and Bama Samurai like this.
  5. simms623

simms623 Well-Known Member

Yep

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 likes this.
  6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Pretty neat!

7. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Really great job. I have to get some Arko !