Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    28dayslater_poster-1-.jpg

Meh...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Erik Redd and Hairy Alaskan like this.
  2. 24Fanatic365

24Fanatic365 Active Member

The Count Of Monte Cristo (2002). I give it a strong "10".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Went to a matinee yesterday and saw the new movie "Arrival". The premise was interesting but it was a bit slow in getting there.

4. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Message From Space (1978). Kinji Fukasuku's answer to Lucas' Star Wars. Drop all expectations if you plan to watch this film. The plot's incoherent and nonsensical. The special effects are terrible. The disco soundtrack is thoroughly dated. It definitely qualifies for the "so bad it's good" category.

5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Ronin. DeNiro, Jean Reno. Gotta love it. "You're either part of the problem, part of the solution or part of the landscape."

6. Primotenore

Article Team
    I am on a fantasy-action binge...
    Two nights ago:
    Star_Trek_Beyond_poster.jpg
    Last night:
    large_large_5N20rQURev5CNDcMjHVUZhpoCNC.jpg

7. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Watched Star Trek Beyond tonite....
    meh...

8. Primotenore

Article Team
    Definitely the weakest of the most recent three. CA Civil War, however, was :happy088::happy088::happy088:

Erik Redd likes this.
  9. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Just watched it a few days ago. A really good movie and rendition of the famous book.

10. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Lady Snowblood and Lady Snowblood 2.
    Influential films for Quentin Tarantino when developing the Kill Bill movies. I thought the first one was much better than the second though the second one had a couple pretty good fight scenes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NoobShaver likes this.
  11. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Pete's Dragon (2016) - Decent family movie. Definitely a good rental. I liked it better then the old musical version, but my wife and daughter are die-hard fans of the original. 7/10

12. Erik Redd

Spectre....
    another meh....

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Watch it with my almost 6 year old twin granddaughters during the recent holidays. No big screen - my laptop in a TV tray snuggled up in a loveseat. Still lots of fun!

Sara-s likes this.
  14. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Stray Dog.
    Pretty good early Kirosawa crime drama.

Meteor.
    Fun cheesy 70s disaster movie with a pretty decent cast. Fun weekend movie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Erik Redd

Not a movie, but I watched the first episode of the Night Manager miniseries. I think this will be good.

P.S. - the Smiley's People miniseries (with Alec Guiness) was a favorite several years ago. It was much better than the movie remake.

16. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

BFG - Another family friendly film. The whole crew enjoyed this one, entertaining for all ages. It was fun and well done. Definitely a good rental - 8/10.

17. rawfox1

rawfox1 Well-Known Member

Dr Strange

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Ip Man 3.jpg
    Watch with a neighbor. Now I want to see the previous parts 1 & 2. Not dubbed, subtitles so tone of voice and original score are left intact. He had a student you may have heard of - Bruce Lee.

19. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I watch a lot of movies, I like them better than TV...so I could conceivably keep sharing on here.

The last one, however, was Krampus. I don't suggest it.

Matt0210 likes this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Please do! Many folks have Cut The Cable. With the availability of everything on the internet you surely will come across something good. There are only so many old movies to watch, and we seem to be running out according to this report -

"...if current levels of U.S. retro consumption are allowed to continue unchecked, we may run entirely out of past..."