Russian Straight Razor Thread

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by DaltonGang, Oct 5, 2016.

1. mlys7884

mlys7884 Well-Known Member

Everybody need to try one or better two ...:)

twhite, Karl G, Spyder and 3 others like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I don't know if you have answered this question, or not.
    What type of Razor do you use?

twhite, Karl G, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  3. mlys7884

Just "Ideal" - Soviet clone of Gillette Super Adjustable - I'm lazy guy ...:)
    DSCN7520.JPG

Dr Watson, Karl G, twhite and 3 others like this.
  4. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

You would have really caught hell, if you would have put a cartridge razor up;)

mrchick, Karl G, twhite and 2 others like this.
  5. DaltonGang

Yes he would have.

So, @mlys7884 , can I interest you into trying a straight razor, just for fun?????? All you have to do is break into your stash of blades, and find someone in Europe willing to hone it for you. I'm sure finding someone will not be an issue. :cool:

Drygulch, Spyder, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  6. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Better Hurry Up before the Western European War with Russia..:happy097:

Billy..:chores016:

7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Da comrade Mykola, follow the True Path. :rofl:
    [​IMG]

8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Kind of like the bearded fella in AOS trying to sell me on how good the products are;)

9. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Can I just point out the irony of these posts:
    Post 1: Rules for capitalistic selling of what are nice to have, dare I say, luxury items.
    Post 2: Communist propaganda

10. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Almost as striking as communist razors being sold on eBay... :D

11. DaltonGang

I'm not a Fan of Marx, Lennon, or Stalin. Especially what their beliefs did to their country and their people. . But, I do like Commie razors. Simple, yet efficient.

12. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Well, I am a fan of Marx and Lennon...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    :)
    Stalin, not so much. :kar:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  13. DaltonGang

I knew someone would bring those two up. I lost all liking for John Lennon when he let Yoko screw everything up.

14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Yeah, I almost went with the young Lennon shot but wasn't sure anyone would recognize him. :signs002:
    [​IMG]

15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Tonights shave
    [​IMG]
    1954 Yacht

I think this is my best shaving razor. I did tonight stab myself with the tip twice. Once on my adams apple and one below my left ear. Only a few drops of blood. All round great shave.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Them darn spike tips seem like they're always looking for an opportunity to bite:)

17. DaltonGang

Yep, those spike tips are nasty. The worst slice I ever had was last month, with a Spanish Point blade, a little more wicked than yours. I just sharpened it, and it had a scary sharp edge, all the way down the blade. The cut wasn't long, just deep, and I didn't even feel it. . It took around 10 minutes to get it to stop bleeding. It even reopened a couple of days later, while washing my face. I hate muting any edge, but that one will be the first, when it comes back around in rotation.

18. mlys7884

We have several guys in Ukraine who make this job really good, so hone razor without problem, moreover sometimes I have NOS razor which need only belt, but I don't have enough bristles on my face to get real fun...may be later when I'll change my haircut I'll start use straight razor;)

19. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The Russian Razor thread activity has had my Paketa (Rocket) on my mind so I picked it up today despite having just a little over a day of growth. Seriously, it's hard to beat this razor. Sharp, smooth, efficient, easy to handle - and James Bond used a Russkie so it's got that going for it, too. ;)

Paketa 1961 AOS HASH SR AOS.JPG

Da comrades, Follow the True Path:eatdrink047:

20. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    It Would Appear that the Factory Bevels are Variable..I Didn't have a Problem Honing Mine..It Just Took some Time..Mine was Ground Like a Current Chinese Gold Dollar..It Needed a "Lot" of Metal Removed to Set the Bevel..That Said..The Factory Grinding was Otherwise Perfect..:)

Billy..:chores016: