The Haul: January 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

gwsmallwood likes this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

A small haul from Stirling. Aftershave samples of Piacenza, Executive Man, Mountain Man, and Stirling Gentleman. Rod threw in a Gatlinburg bath soap as well.

IMG_1123.JPG

3. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Only the packaging. Haven't used it yet, but the soap is not supposed to be anything like Williams. It's supposed to be very close to Tabac in terms of performance.

RyX likes this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh I'm sure it is

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Let me know about that Gatlinburg, please.

PLAla likes this.
  6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

A couple of things since yesterday.

A NOS Schick Golden 500 with an extra 20 pack of blades for $23 delivered.

The razor still has the blade blank in it and both cartridges are full. The finish on the head has a bit of a haze but some gentle polishing should shine it up nicely. The case is in the best shape of any of the ones I currently own. Usually the mirrored label on the underside of the lid is curled at the edges.

This makes at least three of the black and gold version for me. I can't seem to find an ivory and gold version at a decent price and the black and chrome version remains elusive.

002.JPG
    003.JPG

And then an Avon shave brush decanter for $1.25 that I stumbled upon. I already have one but for a buck and a quarter I couldn't leave it sitting there.

006.JPG

7. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

That 500 is very nice for sure. Great shavers too! Congrats!

8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I've been needing some more Avon Spicy. $11.77 Total, including shipping. All are full 3 oz bottles.

s-l1600[7].jpg
    s-l1600[4].jpg
    s-l1600[10].jpg

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Afta Electric Pre-Shave on clearance at WM for $1. Got two. Decent scent, soothing as an a/s balm. Makes the skin incredibly smooth feeling, too. I like it.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  10. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Karl, those are wonderful razors and what a display box! Really nice!

Karl G likes this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

More clearance at my local small Walmart. All of the Nivea men's stuff was already gone but I never used any of it so no loss. Barbasol Extra Moisturizing (purple stripe) was marked $1.00 but rang up at .50 cents, so I got the last two. Can't beat that! The big Clubman stypic was also down to a dollar so I grabbed an extra, and two more of the Afta.

12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

My Girlfriend's daughter stopped by and gave me this gift, a nice bottle of Tabac after shave. And so I had to print up a label for one of the empty spray bottles, and now it's ready to use.

IMG_1009.jpg

Recklesstr, Sparrow, Jayaruh and 10 others like this.
  13. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Picked up an Avon whistle (empty) only because I haven't seen one. What appears to be a really nice straight razor. Master brand, has 440 stainless etched on the opposite spine. And a holder for SE blades so I can strop them now.
    [​IMG]

14. Jorvaljr

Another nice haul.

Mustache likes this.
  15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that Master is currently going for $8.82 on Amazon, listed as a razor knife, made in China.
    I doubt it will be much good to shave with. A review gave it what amounted to a -2.

mrchick, Jorvaljr and Mustache like this.
  16. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

That's what I was afraid of. I knew it's a new production razor since the box has a barcode on it. I figured it's similar to a gold dollar...maybe...And I didn't have to pay shipping.

RyX and Jorvaljr like this.
  17. swarden43

:o shipping was free

mrchick and Jorvaljr like this.
  18. Jorvaljr

Damn, you could of lied to the man.. geesh

Mustache likes this.
  19. swarden43

Hopefully a lesson learned by all who read that. That info I posted was the result of a three minute Google search. Every antique mall I've been in I've been able to get on the internet. I have avoided getting snookered by people who believe they're on a gold mine, when in fact they are peddling junk. Even searches I've done here on TSD while shopping has prevented a bad buy.

So the tip of the day - use your phone before you buy.

Drygulch, RyX, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  20. Jorvaljr

See kids.. the internet is your friend.. until you post a nudie.. then . :ashamed001: Well anywho..

:happy102:

Jim99, Mustache and swarden43 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.