How often do you shave your face and how many passes

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Ksblazer, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Varies a little, but given that we alternate on kindergarten drop-offs and responsibilities in the morning, it can often become morning plus night on day 1 and then no shave on day 2. If it hadn't been for the fact that I like to shave and would prefer to do it every day, this is quite a good setup, as it allows me to use and appreciate different razors. I would typically grab the Timeless OC .95 plate the morning after a no-shave-day, and the .68 plate in the evening.

Almost always stick to two passes; I chase comfort over bbs. Touchups at times, a full third pass at times for special occasions.

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Every day, 2 passes and touchups. I aim for PGS and sometimes I even get close to BBS.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

RyX likes this.
  4. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Daily with 3 passes: WTG, XTG, ATG.

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Daily shave...3 passes (third pass ATG/clean up)

6. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I shave every day. 2-3 passes (WTG, XTG, ATG) each time, striving for BBS. Rarely get any razor burn or irritation.

HERM

7. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Every day.
    Three passes: WTG, ATG, XTG.

8. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Every day. Usually two passes. Sometimes I add a little touch up.

9. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Since retiring - I went from daily to three times a week. Monday morning, Wednesday morning and Friday afternoon. Friday night is our date night so I start with a new blade and go for a BBS. Every now and then some other social engagement will come up where I shave an additional time. Last week was Thursday since I had to attend a friend's retirement party.

mrchick and RyX like this.
  10. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Daily shaver here. Two passes. WTG, XTG. It's good for a DFS/BBS.

11. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

Six days per week two passes plus a touch-up if needed. I actually prefer the feel of shaving two days stubble but prefer the shaved look.

12. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Every morning around 9am with three passes. Very rare irritation (chin) which I attribute to good prep, technique and of course Cold Water Shaving.

13. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Going for that "grizzly retired dude" look, eh?

HERM

14. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Yup - the wife thinks it looks sexy. You know - the manly man stuff.:)