SoS: January 16, 2017 - January 22, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jan 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug. Its a travel brush which came with a matching travel tube, similar to a Simpsons Case brush.

2. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I'm really glad it worked for you. For whatever reason the Pal razor and my face weren't meant to be. I've given two cased versions like yours away and have a black handled one that will go on the PIF block shortly.

ram57, Douglas Carey, Demidog and 2 others like this.
  3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

It was fantastic, I can't thank you enough.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

ram57, Douglas Carey, Demidog and 2 others like this.
  4. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

1-18-2017
    1. hot shower
    2. PAA CAD pre shave soap
    3. DERBY lavender
    4. semogue 740hd badger w/turkish copper bowl.
    5. gillette new long comb, revamped by "sport shaving"
    6. vokshod 2nd use.
    7. master comb witch hazel
    8. stephans lilac aftershave

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I share your view on the SDM vs. EM scent issue. I find EM a little better, and as my SOTD indicates, will use the sampler tomorrow to "investigate this".

ram57, poppi, Douglas Carey and 4 others like this.
  6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Planned tobacco Thursday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Cobra Classic razor
    Feather AC Proguard blade
    Vintage badger & bristle brush
    Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars shaving soap
    Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars aftershave splash

Will be trying out the Henri et Victoria products for the first time tomorrow. They both have a fanstatic warm and dark pipe tobacco scent thats intoxicating.....maybe its the Cognac making it intoxicating:lyrtuy5:

7. Paul Turner

good for you , especially with numbers 7 and 8. :)

ram57, Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Gentlemen of the jury!

I had a very smooth, comfortable, enjoyable, and COLD shave this morning from my wonderful Super Speed razor loaded with that very good Gillette Wilkinson blade. My Polar Vortex soap delivered on the rich, dense lather and its power menthol effect (Frozen Tundra level) was a real good wake-up call. The Rubby Dubby Doo really had me shivering for a while afterwards! :happy088: :happy088:

What'll it be for Thursday morning?

Let's see:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055::love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/Gillette Wilkinson day 4
    Lea Menthol S/C :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Alcolado Glacial Menthol Splash :love055: :love055: :love055::love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Givenchy Gentleman EdT

Ay caramba, this Lea Menthol cream is awesome - love that scent, lather, and iciness. Maybe the moisturizing sensation is a bit lacking but the Gold Bond sure makes up for it. The Penguin is about as cold, I'd say as the Rubby Dubby Doo. ;) :D

DSC_1341_large.jpg leacreammenthol_1024x1024.jpg gold-bond-medicated-body-lotion-400-ml-600x600.jpg 51D5VlHQD3L.jpg

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

*Schick E2/Chick
    *Barbasol yellow stripe

2 pass BBS

Unbelievably smooth, easy and efficient shave. Should do this more often.

10. Paul Turner

actually, I stand corrected. You're talkinabout soap scent, I skipped over that. My samplers are aftershaves. But, I bet the scents are similar(that is soap and AS).

Douglas Carey, clint64 and Linuxguile like this.
  11. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

Schick Injector Type M
    Schick blade
    Whipped Dog synthetic brush
    Nivea Sensitive shaving cream
    Skin Bracer aftershave

Jayaruh, RaZorBurn123, ram57 and 14 others like this.
  12. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

01/19/17 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Cellar Door Bath Supply Co Haunted Woods Soap
    Detroit Grooming Ludington Glycerin Bar Soap
    Cold River Soap Works Limenthol Select Shaving Soap
    Wolf Whiskers Blue Train Custom 24mm Silvertip Badger Brush
    Merkur 34C HD Razor
    Derby Extra Blade - 1st Shave
    Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic
    Cold River Soap Works Limenthol Post Shave Lotion

D IMG_4251.jpg

Jayaruh, RaZorBurn123, ram57 and 22 others like this.
  13. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE DAY
    20170118_212410.jpg

Prep: Occams crushed lime
    Razor: Gillette Redtip
    Blade: Rapira SS
    Brush: Maggard 26mm synthetic
    Soap: Tiki Spice Islands

Had a nice 2 pass shave today. Spice Islands has a fresh cilantro and Mango scent. Cilantro is not a common note in many shaving soaps and is a bit unique. Anyways, the blade needs to be changed since there was some dragging, but despite that I don't detect any irritation yet. Finished off with Island Lime with a nice amount of menthol crystals to spice things up. Hope everyone had a great shave!

14. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Beautiful Guy! :)

15. Smooth Steve

Thanks for the info. I thought maybe it was a modern razor because the head looked very smooth and angular, but the handle had a vintage look. Very nice. Too bad about the 3rd pass. I've been there, pushing my luck and using up lather when I should have left well enough alone!
    Steve

16. Smooth Steve

Sounds great. I will need to try. You have me beat on the kids - when they started to out number us at 3 we slowed things down! It's all good. My relaxation time is one of the reasons I also dig the wet shaving.
    Steve

17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    One day, you'll give us a photo of all your brushes...I might faint, but what the heck.

18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Are you asking us Jeff?

19. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

i picked up the master witch hazel at my local barber recently. it is a great w.h. and i like it better than thayers. 5 dollars and it beats the imported thayers.

20. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Happy Anniversary January!!

January 18

Mostly Shavettes

Razor - Fatip Piccolo
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Route 66 Sweeney Todd
    Brush - Wolf Whiskers Custom Silvertip
    Post - Alum

Time to get back to a DE/Shavette comparison so it's off to the Shark Super Stainless in the Fatip to start. I'll do two shaves with the DE, then two with the Magic shavette with the same blade.

I've used the Shark Stainless before and remember not being overly impressed by it. Maybe it's just a faulty memory. Lathered with the Sweeney Todd and my clean Wolf Whiskers. I cleaned almost all my brushes yesterday and this one is back to being silky soft. It loaded well but I didn't load enough the first time around for the whole shave. So I did a reload before the second pass. Just too hasty with the process.

Two passes and I finished with a nice DFS. Nothing exceptional but a nice feel. The blade isn't the smoothest in the world but it's certainly nowhere near as bad as yesterday's choice. The second pass was smoother than the first which makes sense due to there being less to clean up. It did take a few touch ups on the neck to get the DFS but it's there.

Alum was a bit warm but nothing shocking. I can easily do another day on this blade and I'm eager to see if it does the same thing as most seem to in the shavette format.....essentially allow for a smoother shave due to more angle options. This is kind of a fun thing to do.

My Monday is over and done with thank goodness. I woke up not feeling the best (thank you pancreas) and hit the store and walked into a half a dozen problems waiting for me. Nothing huge but just enough to put me in a foul mood. Then it was inventory day for the quarter, meaning it had to be finalized after my count from Sunday. That just means a bit of hassle with the Area Manager. Then follow that with a slow day of sales, only minor improvement in the pain level from this morning and SWMBO constantly sending me a list of things for the garden in the Spring (really? It's still January!) and my shave quickly became the highlight of the day. I'll relishing the scent of the Sweeney Todd and that after feel the lanolin leaves and feeling better by the minute! Have a great night and a fantastic tomorrow!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.