Have you tried parker 87r?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by samuellinn, Jan 19, 2017.

1. samuellinn

samuellinn Member

Ive bought a few parker brushes and shavettes just curious if i should buy a safety razor from them if yall could let me know your experience with them or if they are a good buy [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recklesstr, Carbide Mike and Jorvaljr like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I personally don't have a Parker, yet, but this is the one I've been thinking of getting. Parker makes some nice razors for the price and this one has good reviews and I also like that it's supposed to be a bit heavier than other TTO's of this size. I'd go for it and it also has a nicely designed handle.

Carbide Mike and Jorvaljr like this.
  3. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

A member her got one. He didn't care for it. @Morman Bridge i believe is the gentleman.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  4. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hello folks. Yes I have had two of these razors in the past. I really wanted to like these razors, but the two I had had problems. I don't recall exactly what was wrong with them, but I remember that they were messed up straight out of the box. I think at the time, Parker was having some quality control issues. I know I won't buy any Parker razors for awhile.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have a Parker 80R, a long handle TTO HD. Starting to see a bit of the plating flaking away. Other than that, it gives a pretty good shave. It's in the rotation.

6. samuellinn

samuellinn Member

Well i guess you get what you pay for ill get one to try it out why not if its no good ill just stuff it in my collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. rweb82

rweb82 Active Member

I have the Parker 24c (26c is the same head, different handle). It's their open comb variant; and I absolutely love it. The fit and finish is very good, and the shave is very smooth and mild feeling, yet as efficient as more aggressive razors. It has become my go-to razor for the past year.

I think it's worth noting that Parker seems to have resolved the quality control issues that tarnished their brand years ago. I would consider them to be in the Merkur/Edwin Jagger realm now.

samuellinn and Jim99 like this.
  8. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

It's definitely pretty, but I'm sure it wouldn't be aggressive enough for my taste, so I've stayed away from it.