Nuavia

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by DBart., Jan 18, 2017.

1. DBart.

DBart. Active Member

I have read great things about this product but like all pretty new things, the price is scary. Is it really a pre-post shave, product or do I still need a pre shave oil and an aftershave balm?
    DB

clint64 likes this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I never use a pre shave oil so I can't comment on that. I can say that the scent is fairly strong and the post shave feel is very good. I do not need a balm after using it and I usually do not use an aftershave since the scent of the soap is so good.

There is a pass around on B&B for all three scents so you might want to sign up for that to give it a try.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:signs011:
    Preshave oil is up to you. I use it maybe once a month.

4. DBart.

DBart. Active Member

Cool. Thanks!

clint64 likes this.
  5. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

I have the Blu and Rossa and they are both amazing. If fact if I had to choose 1 soap to use it would be Nuavia Rossa.

clint64 likes this.
  6. DBart.

DBart. Active Member

I just ordered the Blu. Will give my impressions when I receive it. Thanks. Now on to pick a straigt razor.

Keithmax and clint64 like this.
  7. DBart.

DBart. Active Member

I received the Blue. and shaved with it this morning. Wow this soap, while very expensive, is fantastic. It is smooth, no need for pre shave oil. And the fragrance is wonderful. I know I sound like a potpourri salesman, but DAMN. It is subtle and yet rich. It is not flowery nor does it smell like cologne. I applied a fragrance free aftershave cream by Khiels. The soap is a medium brown which is gross looking, but it lathers into a super creamy light beige. It adhered to my face very well and was not too oily nor too foamy. It stayed creamy for all 3 passes and did not breakdown. I know I have only tried 7 soaps/ creams but this is my new favorite. I used my Vikings Blade Godfather for the 1st 2 passes and my iKon x3 for the last pass. I like to use 2 razors when shaving. I find that some are better than others for 1st, 2nd and 3rd passes. I am new to this and using 2-3 razors for 1 shave may be frowned upon, but I think this is all pretty subjective anyway.
    Thanks for reading my ramblings.

clint64 and Linuxguile like this.
  8. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Pannacrema nuavia is pretty incredible stuff. I have never had to use a pre shave oil with it. It has a great post shave feel as well, but I choose to use an aftershave after my shaves.

As far as the price...I don't think it is that bad. The initial cost is quite high, but you use so very little that I am sure the cost per shave isn't actually very much. It's the same thing with Martin de candre (which you should look into if you haven't already). The amount used is so miniscule, that it really is a BETTER value than cheaper soaps in the end.

DBart. and Linuxguile like this.
  9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

@DBart. I thought you might really like the soap. Nuavia is a great soap and apart from price I can't find anything not to like about the soap. I am interested to see how long the soap last for me. I am hoping that it works out like MdC with a high initial cost that last forever bringing down the cost on a per shave basis.

DBart. likes this.
  10. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

That is EXACTLY what will happen.

clint64 likes this.
  11. DBart.

DBart. Active Member

I am checking out the Martin De Candre now! Thanks.

clint64 likes this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I hope you are right but thus far, Blu and Rossa appear to be better than most soaps but no where close to MdC. At current rates I will easily get 300+ shaves out of each jar of MdC. My gut says that Nuavia will not be close to that #. If I had to choose between MdC and Nuavia, it would be MdC for me. YMMV

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Member @DBart hasn't been to TSD since late April. I was hoping to assure him that using two razors is encouraged when learning a new one. Takes a while to develop correct technique, so clean up with a familiar tool makes sense.

As to this Nuavia soap - I read a suggestion that it's available as a refill without the ceramic bowl? Maybe it was that the maker produces a similar soap in a plastic tub... Anyone have a clue?

Linuxguile likes this.