A Razor, A Brush, and the Passion to Use It!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Marc Bagwell, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Marc Bagwell

Marc Bagwell Well-Known Member

Hello...
    If you really want some great roasted coffee from people who excelle at roasting, try these people. http://www.royalblendcoffee.com/
    I first bought their coffee years ago with a visit to New Orleans. I then started ordering it online. Try the Colombian French Roast, it's absolutely the best coff I have ever tasted. It's what they are the most famous for. I think you'll agree their prices are very good. Anyway, just thought I would mention it. These people are really awesome, and their coffee houses are famous in New Orleans.

richgem likes this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Thanks! I'll give them a shot (of espresso, lol) when I work through my current stock.
    Those really are some good prices.

Marc Bagwell likes this.
  3. Marc Bagwell

Right, hope you like them. They also produce their own tea, the Earl Grey is worth a go.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Just cannot beat home roasted! ;)

Marc Bagwell likes this.
  5. richgem

Seems like I heard that somewhere before ... hmmmmm

Marc Bagwell and swarden43 like this.
  6. Marc Bagwell

Home roasted is great. But if roasting at home isn't someone's cup of java (sorry, couldn't resist the pun), then Royal Blend Coffee House is the next best thing. They roast for almost as cheap as buying green coffee beans. It's especially great for people still living on Folgers.

7. Marc Bagwell

It does sound familiar. :)

8. swarden43

Ok, let's try this... 20170111_192740_20170118173317181.jpg The brush is red mallee burl, also. Both from Elite Razor.

Marc Bagwell likes this.
  9. Marc Bagwell

Beautiful razors, especially the one in the middle

10. swarden43

Thanks. That's the red mallee burl. A gift from my wonderful wife several Christmases ago.

11. Marc Bagwell

A beautiful Razor.

12. Marc Bagwell

Hi,
    The red mallee is really gorgeous! I checked out the handles at Elite razors, and although all of them are beautiful, your wife picked the most beautiful! It's the one I would pick. Who knows, maybe in the future...

13. Marc Bagwell

Question,
    Is the Merkur 34c and its family your favorite razor to use? I know you have many to choose from.
    Also...
    How about Gillette razors? Are they worth collecting to use? I figure nobody would know better than you.

14. Marc Bagwell

Mr Richgem,
    Just curious, what is your favorite razor? And how do you think Gillettes stack up to modern razors?

15. Marc Bagwell

Hhuummm, a little spit may add to the flavor! :)

Just asking some regulars what is their favorite razor? Also, how do you think Gillette stand up to modern razors?

16. Marc Bagwell

Mr Bird Lives,
    Just asking some of the gang which is your favorite razor? Also, how do you think old Gillette stand up to new razors?

17. swarden43

Might get a better response if you start a new thread in the General forum or Safety Razors forum, rather than asking the question here, tucked away in a newbie thread.
    Just speaking for myself, unless I am tagged or quoted in a newbie thread, once I welcome someone to the Den, I don't usually check back in - 95% of the post after mine just say "HI! Welcome", or some variant.

18. Marc Bagwell

Good to know. Thanks

19. richgem

I'm a modern merkur 3-piece guy. The size and geometry on the Gillette razors just dont work with my face as well as the merks do.

Astra SP blades for the record

20. Marc Bagwell

I was asking because I was wondering about getting a vintage, but honestly I'm very happy with my 34c, 38c, and yet to be tries 37 slant. The slant frightens me a bit. Someday, after I've worked up my nerve.

As far as blades, my beard is pretty heavy, so I need a sharp blade. I've gone Astra SP full time now, it's the only blade that gives me a constant shave without tugging. I guess I should try feather someday but not happy with the price and I'm a little happy ntimidated by all the horror stories. Oh well, my Astra Greens are taking good care of me.