25 CIA Agents Indicted In Renditions Case

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Mama Bear, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

http://www.nbc5.com/news/11032311/d...l=chi_12pm&tmi=chi_12pm_1_12150302162007&ts=H

ROME -- Twenty-six Americans, all but one of them identified as CIA agents, have been indicted by an Italian judge in the first criminal trial over the CIA's extraordinary rendition program.

The case involves the alleged kidnapping of terrorist suspect Osama Moustafa Hassan Nasr from a Milan street on Feb. 17, 2003.

Prosecutors allege that five Italian intelligence officials worked with the Americans to abduct Nasr. He was allegedly transferred by vehicle to the Aviano Air Force base near Venice and then by air to the Ramstein Air Base in Germany and on to Egypt.

All but one of the American suspects have been identified as CIA agents, including the former station chiefs in Rome and Milan.

One indicted American is a U.S. Air Force officer who was stationed at the time at Aviano. Five Italians have also been indicted in the case. The judge set the trial date for June 8.

It was unlikely that the CIA agents would be turned over for trial abroad. The CIA has refused to comment on the case.

Prosecutors said the alleged kidnapping operation was a breach of Italian sovereignty that compromised Italy's own anti-terrorism efforts.

Nasr was under investigation for terrorism-related activities at the time of his abduction, and Milan prosecutors issued a warrant for his arrest more than two years after he disappeared from Milan, while he was in Egyptian custody.

Nasr, who allegedly was tortured during four years' imprisonment in Egypt, was released earlier this week from jail. His lawyer in Egypt said in an interview on Italian state TV that he wants to return to Italy, where he had been granted the status of political refugee.

2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

And I can't say anything political? What the eff was that?

Carbide Mike likes this.
  3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    News.

4. RetLEO-07

Gotcha

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

A 10 year old thread that had no replies until you dug it up....

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Some things are better left buried.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  7. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

The CIA still exists. Italy too. Better move on.

If you want to think about Italy anyway, better care about the victims of the natural disasters lately :(

Keithmax and Dzia Dzia like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Carbide Mike likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

No, that's why we have the Churchill Clubman Cavalcade of Sports. A section dedicated to sports, but not to polly ticks.

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

And now a message from decade old threads.

[​IMG]

11. Paul Turner

well, I was guilty of replying to the dead recently, but before I saw it was dead.

Jim99, Dzia Dzia and gorgo2 like this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Officer, the thread was dead when I got here.

Jim99, Dzia Dzia and Paul Turner like this.
  13. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

@RetLEO-07 Your thread necro tendencies are tiresome. Please stop. Let's discuss new stuff...or better yet, let's debate the awesomeness/suckiness of the Feather DE blade. Or maybe let's talk about a desert island soap?

PanChango, RaZorBurn123 and Dzia Dzia like this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

:signs011:
    :thanks:

15. RetLEO-07

As I'm no longer stuck on the post I have been working all week you're free of any further old postings. Thank you so much for your input.

gorgo2 likes this.
  16. RetLEO-07

Not a problem. Done with the post I was stuck on. Nothing more to see here.

gorgo2 likes this.
  17. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Well maybe not this post but I do enjoy seeing you bring old posts back to life.

PickledNorthern, gorgo2 and RetLEO-07 like this.
  18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Emphasis on "some things." Some of the old posts are worth rejuvenating, just not all.

19. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
  20. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Funny funny scene, in a hilarious movie.