Personna Super: How long will it go?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Jayaruh, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    This is the 40th shave with the Personna Super. I am setting it aside for a time. I may revisit it later. Maybe not. We shall see.
    sod170118.JPG

2. Heljestrand23

Heljestrand23 Well-Known Member

That blade is a beast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayaruh likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I used the Personna Super today to do the second pass and touch ups. So, this is shave 41. I used it in my new English Rocket, a very nice razor from @Red Rider .
    sod170120c.jpg

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Before getting into Straight Razor shaving, I would go to 20 with my Personna blades, then toss them. They still shaved adequately, but just not as smooth as I liked. If I palm stropped the blades, it extended the shaves into the 30's. Since I have well over 200 of these blades on stock, it didn't make sense to shave with it, when it wasn't performing optimally.

Jayaruh likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    This was day 42 for the Personna Super. I used it for second pass and clean up.

sod170121.JPG

Linuxguile likes this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I tried a few times but just don't have the attention to track exactly how many shaves I get with each side of a blade. I truly envy those of you who do. Sounds fun. :)

7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I am getting better with the straight, but I am using the Rocket with the Personna (43) to do a final clean up pass. I ended up with a very smooth shave today.

sod170122a.JPG

Linuxguile and DaltonGang like this.