Soap Pass-around Volume II - 2017

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, Jan 8, 2017.

1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Great! Thank you @youngunn for reaching out to them. A tin of their soap was really popular on the first pass-around.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  2. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Ooooooo.....that would be awesome!!

Of course, I guess I would miss out since I have the box now:(

PLAla likes this.
  3. Straight razor dandy

Crowne & Crane Bay Rum soap, Pinaud's virgin island bay rum aftershave, paa gun kote Grackle razor, rapira blade, Icelandic gilt lava bowl, rolls Royce sampling spoon, wolf whiskers synthetic brush

Crowne & Crane has done it again...great room-filling scent, high quality lather, slick with very good cushion. This is a brand you should check into.

IMG_20170123_014641.jpg

PLAla, dustmite and youngunn like this.
  4. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Am I to understand some soaps stay permanently in the box correct?

PLAla likes this.
  5. PLAla

Yes, the TSD vendor soaps remain in the box. They are labeled and in ziploc bags that I hope will last the whole pass-around. If you have a question when it gets to you just let me know!

6. Straight razor dandy

Yes. They are in baggies and labeled so you know which ones. They are the vendor-gifted soaps

PLAla likes this.
  7. Straight razor dandy

We should consider adding aftershaves, razor blades, etc on the next go 'round.
    Of course, if this replaces the "nationwide box tour," then that would happen anyway.

PLAla likes this.
  8. PLAla

I don't intend to replace the Nationwide Box.....I want to keep this strictly a soap and cream pass-around. Someone else could start an aftershave or hardware pass-around if they like but this one will stay relegated to soaps and creams.

youngunn, Boojum1, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Hello Y'all. Where is the box now, and when will it be going next?

PLAla likes this.
  10. Straight razor dandy

It is with me. I have been giving updates everyday. There is too much to try in a week, so I am about at the point of putting samples in containers to try so I can ship. I will probably ship out Wednesday. I already have the address of the next person.

11. PLAla

The box is going to @Kenneth Sampson next. Good idea @Straight razor dandy about taking some samples for later on. There is so much to try and taking a small sample of some soaps for a shave or two beyond when you have the box is quite acceptable!

RyX and Kenneth Sampson like this.
  12. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

I bought a bunch of condiments containers to put samples in and mail it back out. I'm going by SRD's reviews and my nose lol. Looking forward to the mayhem.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

RyX, PLAla and dustmite like this.
  13. Straight razor dandy

SOTD
    Stirling orange chill, Floid blue, Delta echo razors slim, wolf whiskers synthetic brush, hand crafted ceramic pottery bowl, shark blade

Stirling is just one of the best soaps in EXISTENCE. Thank you for these Samples @ezlovan
    I have actually never tried orange chill before today, which is shocking since I have tried around 90% or more of their offerings. It is very orange-y and of course chilled...with that easy to lather base that cushions for days.

It truthfully is very reminiscent of South Texas orange groves when there is a freeze. There is citrus bursting at the seams but still somewhat held back due to the frost. A hint of sweetness that permeates the air as you breath in the crisp breeze. It is aromatic and relaxing yet chilling enough to remind you that you are Alive at the same time.
    If you like oranges, this is your soap.

Screenshot_20170123-214904.png

PLAla and RyX like this.
  14. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Pass it on already dude!

PickledNorthern and PLAla like this.
  15. Straight razor dandy

Slow down, Cowboy. We get it for a week. It will go out tomorrow morning.

PLAla likes this.
  16. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

A long week! :D

PLAla likes this.
  17. Straight razor dandy

Here is the beginning of the box:

IMG_20170125_231337.jpg

1912 was my only take

IDuck, RyX and PLAla like this.
  18. Straight razor dandy

Here are my adds to the box:

Samples: Martin de candre fougere, barrister and mann arctique, van yulay Puro habana, chiseled face banana, uncle Jon's bay rum, Truefitt and Hill Lavender, st. James of London cedarwood and Clary sage, Taylor of Old Bond Street St. James collection, Henri et Victoria terre d'henri, cold river soap works v2 barbiere sapone, dr. Jon's classic vol. 2, L & L grooming harmony, dapper dragon soaps coconut lime verbena, soap commander wisdom, reef point soaps dragon's blood, Phoenix artisan accoutrements Sacre blue, edwin Jagger natural, glysolid glycerin cream, mama Bear's Dublin tweed, mama Bear's Christmas forest, mama Bear's ice citrus, catie's bubbles Celtic knot, catie's bubbles un jour Gris, Stirling soap Texas on fire old formula, Stirling soap mountain man, Stirling soap Piacenza, Stirling soap sharp dressed man, Stirling soap beeswax grapefruit (original formula).

Full soaps:. Blackland Blackbird by local gents shaving company, Phoenix artisan accoutrements 11235, Williams mug shaving soap (discontinued), Giovanni tea tree and mint shaving cream.

I also put the Provence de sante into an actual soap tin.

I tried to add everything that everyone wanted to try, along with discontinued and unobtainable items, creams, croaps, soaps, artisan to big-time makers, different soap bases and formulas, old school to white-hot new artisans, cheaper things to VERY expensive, and stuff for each and every season!

It is shipping out in the morning, so I hope everyone enjoys.

IMG_20170125_231457.jpg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    IDuck, RyX, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  19. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Wowsers! S'lotta soaps y'all!

RyX and PLAla like this.
  20. PLAla

Boojum1, IDuck and RyX like this.