Starter shave nook

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by hvacguy85, Feb 7, 2017.

1. hvacguy85

hvacguy85 Well-Known Member

As my collection has slowly been growing I finally decided to come up with a dedicated space for my gear. A quick trip to hobby lobby and lowes for these...
    [​IMG]

A little while later it became this
    [​IMG]

Top two drawers hold my razors bottom two for blades, have a matching stand for the parker brush on the way, but once I eventually add a brush or two I'll end up making a custom stand for them

ninjack, JBSharp, twhite and 15 others like this.
  2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

And just think, it'll be the perfect size to keep all of your overflow stuff when you need to move into a bigger one.

Primotenore, RyX, jtspartan and 4 others like this.
  3. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Looks great! :eatdrink047:

4. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Very nice. Good job.:happy088:

5. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

hahaha..agree, looks like he has already outgrown it...good work @hvacguy85 it is simple but looks very good.

RyX and PickledNorthern like this.
  6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

First it outgrew my drawer in our bathroom. Then I got part of a shelf, but outgrew it, and my stuff was in HER way. Then I put up my own shelves, but we fought over whose space it really was.

So when my son moved to college, I moved into a downstairs bathroom, where it proceeded to outgrow an entire cabinet, and I had to mount racks on the wall for my brushes.

It is like something that has taken on a life of its own, and is going to swallow itself one day, leaving no trace it ever existed but the twisted up wreckage of a Super Speed on the bathroom floor.

IDuck, RyX and George X like this.
  7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Great start to a Den!

Nook is a totally different area and website... ;)

Bama Samurai likes this.
  8. hvacguy85

Hey everyone has to start somewhere lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

I won't bore you or hijack you thread @hvacguy85 with photos of my storage solution. I didn't start my wet shaving journey until being divorced a couple years. My gear is in my kitchen. Plenty of cabinet space.
    problem solved 2.gif

10. hvacguy85

Only issue with that is my kitchen cabinets are full of MY cooking stuff. Picked up cooking, wet shaving and pipe tobacco smoking all while on a deployment in 2012 . Boring days on uneventful outpost, no one knew how to cook and I like to eat so picked it up rather quickly.Pipe tobacco was out of boredom and curiosity and wet shaving was honestly due to boredom.Besides my wife and MIL have actually found all of my vintage razors so I've got a keeper there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

PickledNorthern likes this.
  11. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Great start for a growing hobby. I have out grown my stash a couple times now. Soaps are the primary issue. I keep buying more and only have room to display about 15 at any given time. The rest have to be stored else where. That's the problem when you share the space. An 8 foot bathroom counter - she gets 6 ft I get 2 ft.:signs131:

PickledNorthern likes this.