SoS: February 13, 2017 - February 19, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Its a lot different than I thought it would be which is a good thing. The Jamacian Peppercorn scent is very nice as well. Have you tried both the tallow and vegan? Curious to see how they differ so I picked up one of each.

Douglas Carey, clint64, Hodge and 2 others like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

SOTD
    February 17, 2017
    Prep: Hot Shower.
    Razor: Weber PH w/RazoRock Bamboo
    Blade: Derby Extra
    Lather: Coate's Rose
    Brush: Semogue 830
    Aftershave: Folsom and Co. Capri
    Another fine with the Weber PH, I'm very pleased with the way the Derby Extra performs. Coate's shaving cream I awesome. I thought that Semogue 830 had more backbone? Synthetics have really spoiled me.
    IMG_4889.JPG

3. SHAVEWIZARD420

Uncle Jon's is a great performing soap, I agree the scent of Holly Berry is incredible. It can be hard for a artisan to find both a great formula and be good at mixing up scents but Uncle Jon's has accomplished both. Hope they start getting more recognition.

4. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Yes, I have four Tallows and two Vegans. For me, both are super easy to lather, slick razor glide and pretty good post shave feel with the tallow getting the edge over the vegan.

5. SHAVEWIZARD420

Thanks Guy. I figured the tallow would have a bit better post shave, but glad to hear the vegan lathers well. Only have 1 shave so far with TF but the lather quality was impressive.

Douglas Carey, ram57 and Robyflexx like this.
  6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Trimmed Personna DE blade in the Supply SE and Schick E2. Hey I'm not dead and am quite clean shaven.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

7. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

I like apothecary bottles for aftershave because they just have a unique character. I use one for my Bay Rum shave kit that I put Gabels aftershave into. I want to put together an unscented setup with some Shave Den products, but I haven't heard back from TSD store at all since Tuesday. I want to obtain a silver Shave Den label to put on a black apothecary bottle and match it up with TSD shave soap and put with my black shave kit. Otherwise I will be using the Kiss My Face shave soap and some random products to match with my white shave kit. Either way it will be a nice setup, but I wanted to have a TSD related set too.

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Saturday morning:

Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/Astra day 6
    Karo Fresh S/C :smiley freezing:
    Max Refreshing A/S Splash:love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055::Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

I actually hate this Karo Fresh cream but I have to finish it off because it's been lying around here for over 5 years. The only good thing about it is the lather. It has a small trace of menthol but no real skincare, so that's where the Max Refreshing aftershave comes in! ;) :D

9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

That's the case that came with the Big Fellow razors. I've a couple, one that came with a Big Fellow and one I had to track down, for a stray Big Fellow I found. They are out there, now and then, but most are in a state that requires a little restoration. Sometimes they can be pricey. I had good luck on eBay by searching "Vintage Wood Razor Box(or case)".
    Happy hunting.

10. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

My sotd
    IMG_4880.jpg
    Fantastic shave. To me out of the adjustables that I have, my black handle birth year ones are the best ! Bbs smooth and lovin it. The soap is great I do want to transfer it to another container one day. It's such a compact container it's hard to lather in.

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here's my shave plan for Sat. 2-18.

prep-Dial 4 Men Bodywash(Maximun Moisture)in shower
    shave-Rise Super Foam
    razors-Gillette 65-Slim w/Perma-Sharp Blade+Gilette Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE
    A.S.-Stirling Sampler(Sandpiper)

12. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

John & Wm Ragg Napoleon AOS HASH TH AOS.JPG

I've been wanting to shave with this razor for several shaves now and it kept taking a back seat. It's the biggest blade I have and has a very thin grind. It shaves like a dream and did again today. :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    AOS Lavender PSO
    Haslinger Honig Shave Soap
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    John & Wm Ragg Napoleon 15/16
    Osma Bloc d'Alun
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

Happy shaving everyone - Karl

13. SHAVEWIZARD420

THURSDAY SHAVE
    20170217_160824.jpg

Prep: MLSW Sandalwood pre shave butter
    Razor: Gillette Slim (4)
    Blade: Croma (1st shave)
    Brush: RazoRock plissoft
    Soap: Van Yulay Achilles

Had a nice shave yesterday with Van Yulay products. The Achilles soap smells wonderful, spicy notes with some bourbon whiskey and tobacco. Happy to report there was no burning with this scent, which was a concern since it is a strong spicy scent and have had trouble with this type of scent in the past. The lather was thick and protective plus it's loaded with good skin care ingredients. Tobacco Polvorion balm smells incredible, not very many Tobacco balms on the market and this is a beautiful scent.

FRIDAY SHAVE
    20170217_161039.jpg

Prep: MLSW Sandalwood pre shave butter
    Razor: Gillette Redtip
    Blade: Croma (2nd shave)
    Brush: RazoRock BC Plissoft
    Soap: Sudsy Soapery Sandalwood Myrrh

Very smooth 3 pass shave this morning. The Sudsy Soapery soap has a light scent but it is a terrific soap. Whipped up a creamy lather with no problems. This Croma blade worked much better in the Redtip than it did yesterday in the Slim. Finished off with Burts Bees balm which has a spicy Bay rum scent and a touch of menthol. Hope everyone has a great shave!

14. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Parker Variant razor
    Rainbow Stainless blade
    Vie-Long Silver Tip brush
    Taconic Eucalyptus Mint SC
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Pinaud Clubman A/S

The Parker Variant shaves me so well that it's easy to want to use it every day. So nice shave to end the work week. Now go enjoy your day folks

15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Timeless .95 OC w/ Hempel Titanium Handle
    Blade: Personna 74 Tungsten Steel (17)
    Brush: El Druida Cocololo Manchurian
    Soap: Reef Point Soap Classic Barbershop
    Aftershave: Fine Platinum
    Fendrihan Shave towel

Another excellent 3 pass shave this evening with is combination of products.

17 02 17e.jpg

16. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Saturday's Planned SOTD

[​IMG]

Razor: ONEBLADE
    Blade: Feather FHS-10 (D6)
    Brush: Spalted Maple w 24mm Super Silvertip
    Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 3 5"
    Pre-Shave Scrub: Tiki 1920’s Barber Shoppe
    Pre-Shave Oil: Homemade Bay Rum w Lime
    Shave Soap: BWW Black Beard (Bay Rum w Lime)
    Aftershave: BWW Black Beard (Bay Rum w Lime)

17. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

02/16/17 Shave of the Day
    Harry's Truman Razor & Shave Gel
    On the road and had to breakout the carts
    Bummer since my new Blackbird was delivered to my house today!
    I had trouble posting my picture so I'm just catching up now that i'm home.

IMG_4456.jpg

18. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Friday's Shave: Felt like a sandalwood kinda day. Captain's Choice Sandalwood soap (bowl lather) with Proraso Sandalwood after shave. Like to apply the Nivea Post Shave Balm before the aftershave. Omega Professional Boar brush and my newly acquired vintage 1961 G1 Gillette Fatboy. I used a Ladas blade for all shaves this past week and it worked great with the Fatboy. Today I tried a new Voskhod blade. It too works great. I'll continue to try different blades but so far the Fatboy seems to like them all. If you have not tried a Fatboy - you owe it to yourself to do so. Partly because it is history but also because it is one great razor. The one I acquired was off eBay for $80. It is in excellent shape and well worth it. That's it for today. Now to find the wife and take her out to dinner.
    Feb 17, 2017.jpg

19. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

02/17/17 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Cellar Door Bath Supply Co Haunted Woods Soap
    Cold River Soap Works Limenthol Select Shaving Soap
    Wolf Whiskers Blue Train Custom 24mm Silvertip Badger Brush
    Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
    Blackland Blackbird Closed Comb Polished Razor with 85mm Handle - First Shave!
    Personna Super Blade - 1st Shave
    RazoRock Alum Stick
    Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic
    NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm​

D IMG_4459.jpg

20. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you. It's a great performer, too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.