SoS: February 13, 2017 - February 19, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drawer

Drawer Well-Known Member

Thanks. Today is the first for this blade. I haven't used one in a long time. It's a nice blade.

clint64, Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  2. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Sunday's Planned SOTD

[​IMG]

Razor: Case Red Imp 133 11/16 Full Hollow
    Brush: Savile Row 3226
    Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 10 5½”
    Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Aventus
    Pre-Shave Gel: AOS Ocean Kelp
    Shave Soap: BWW Queen Anne's Revenge
    Aftershave: Fine Platinum

3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Todays shave was with one of my old trusted ones. Its a German made 12/16th inch razor. Two pass with a smooth and comfortable result. Excellent razor.

Razor- The Gong
    Brush- Semogue 1800 Boar
    Soap- Stirling Ozark Mountain
    Aftershave- Vintage Avon Spicy
    P2180661.JPG

Smooth Steve, Drawer, Bobcat and 20 others like this.
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks for the kind words Guy. :happy088: I'll just have to wait and see How many shaves I get from this blade.

ram57, PickledNorthern and clint64 like this.
  5. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Drawer, Douglas Carey, ram57 and 3 others like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Get better buddy!!

7. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

another great photo Roby!!! So, when I dived into d.e. shaving 6 months ago I said i would never bother with injectors. wrong , with your eye candy photos along with others in this forum i am using injectors and like them just as much as the d.e.
    now disposables, i swore to never use them again. i used the schick extreme an tracer, as well as the single edge bics all my life. but after seeing your schick extreme sotd's last week i went out and bought a 4 pack. i will add them into my travel rotation. this RAD has got a hold of me!!

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Hey, it's all yours - go for it! :D

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  9. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

10. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Injectors are it for me buddy. I'm glad they work for you. The Schick Xtreme3 is my daily head shaver but it works just as well for my face. I love the darn thing! :happy088:

11. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
    Fine Platinum
    Wolfman WR1-OC Darwin Deluxe Titanium
    Polsilver Super Iridium
    Fine Platinum Aftershave
    Creed Adventus

[​IMG]

12. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

Back to the Eclipse... Seriously, this razor makes a cart seem difficult to shave with. I just love it!
    [​IMG]

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Fatboy February!!!!!

Playing in the soap

February 18
    Razor - 1959 (E4) Gillette Fatboy (6)
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Stirling Sandalwood
    Brush - Jayaruh #46
    Post - Alum

Quick summary of the shave before commenting on both soap and brush. Two pass with touch up for a near BBS. Alum quiet and a very nice shave overall. There.

Now, two new items in this shave. First of all, the Jayaruh #46 arrived today - my choice from the raffle. Talk about fast delivery of a prize! Hats off to @Jayaruh for such quick action and, even more, for the absolute quality of this brush. To say that I was impressed when I saw it out of the package is a huge understatement. It's Oak, handcrafted, and absolutely perfectly balanced with the Maggard synthetic knot. This is also the brush he cut his thumb making so hey, when you get a one of a kind original hand carved brush - that the artist bled over.....doesn't get any better than that.

Went to the Stirling Sandalwood soap and I have not found a sandalwood I like as much as this one. The scent is like holding a real piece of wood under your nose. Really outstanding. The trick is to get the lather as good as last night using a totally foreign object - a synthetic brush. I did some quick reading in the forums here and picked up the tip to wet the soap, leave the brush dry. I loaded for maybe 30 seconds and went for the face lather. As expected it didn't splay on first try so I went with my technique for a horse brush with painting strokes. Got a very nice lather up for the first pass. On the second pass I managed to get a splay and a really rich lather up. Slick! That's the pass that finished with a near-BBS. Great performance from brush and soap, especially in the hands of a synthetic newbie.

Absolutely one of my favorite shaves in a long time. The brush, the Stirling soap which is impressing me more than I thought possible.....life is good. Oh yeah, the Fatboy did its job too.

Busy day at work today so I have some catching up to do around here. Hope your weekend is all you want it to be!

[​IMG]

14. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Sunday planned SOTD
    [​IMG]
    Schick M3 adjustable razor
    Vintage Simpson PJ brush
    Cold River Shave Works Cypress soap
    Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave

15. Shave Monkey

Shave Monkey Well-Known Member

Thanks for the detail Steve. It truly sounds like it will add some "fun" to the shave, as you need to get used to your technique with the razor, burst once you do it'll be a great daily driver. It kind of reminds me of some of my first shaves with SE and DE razors, when I thought "wow this is aggressive and I have to be careful".....then you revisit the razor after you somewhat got your technique down (we're always learning), and you're like "wow this razor is actually mild". Good stuff and good luck with it :)

16. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Yes. I bought them on ebay from "classicshop2012". However, I was just informed that he will be changing the logo to 'Maseto Shaving', but as long as it is from this seller, it will be the same brush. :)

17. alfredus

alfredus Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words Doug :thanks:

I can almost smell the crisp fresh air out of this picture - wonderful :happy088:

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great picture with a beautiful brush Mark. :happy096:

ram57 and clint64 like this.
  19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks very much Alfred. :happy088:

alfredus and clint64 like this.
  20. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone! SOTD 02/19/17

Schick Adjustable (set on 7)
    Schick Twin (5) (Thanks to @AGHisBBS
    )
    Cremo Cooling Shave Cream
    Cold Water Rinse, Witch Hazel
    Barbasol Brisk A/S

A Fine Sunday Morning Shave With BBS Results!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!

alfredus, SpeedyPC, nikonNUT and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.