Fellow Head Shaver Checking In

Discussion in 'Head shaving' started by gwsmallwood, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Loei

Loei Well-Known Member

Also checking in. Had my first headshave last saturday with Proraso red, a Giessen & Forsthoff razor and an Astra superior platinum blade.

gwsmallwood likes this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

How did it go?

3. Loei

Loei Well-Known Member

Quite well I must say, although I was quite surprised how difficult it was to get the proper angle with a DE.
    No such problems on my face ofcourse, and I am sure it will get better over time.

I have several small bumps on the back of my head and only nicked one slightly on the final pass, so not too bad if you ask me. :)

RyX and Sara-s like this.
  4. Loei

Loei Well-Known Member

Just had my second headshave.
    A bit less of a success, I nicked 3 bumps on the back of my head, but a short shower stopped the bleeding quickly.
    I am actually already thinking of seeing a doctor/dermatologist to see if I can have the bumps removed.

I also started with an ATG pass, it had been saterday afternoon since my first headshave, so that might not have been the best choice.
    My upper nick is a bit red now and i can feel it is slightly irritated but not painfull.

I hope this is due to the fact I started with an ATG pass and that it will not happen if I do a WTG or XTG pass first.
    I did a WTG pass first on saturday and didn't notice any irritation or anything so hopefully better next time.

5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Looks like you are learning from your mistakes. That is a process; stick with it and you will improve.

6. Loei

Loei Well-Known Member

Headshaves are already going excellent. Planning on looking for a longer handle for my razor as many people argue it is more comfortable for headshavegoed.

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My husband (who shaves his head) just switched to a Gillette Star. That's a vintage razor, originally marketed for women, but works quite well for men, too. It has a longer handle and he says he is getting better head shaves with it.

8. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! I have been shaving my head it seems like two decades now. First started off with Bic. Let me tell you, worse shaves ever. Now it's a combo of DE and straight razor. Much better.

9. derekenly

derekenly New Member

Hi I'm a new guy

10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome. Please wander over to the Welcome Center, and introduce yourself. Also, tell us a little about your shaving gear.

11. Master.Legend

Master.Legend Member

Welcome... I always shaved Mach 3 now I'm in the single edge game and love the shaves. I have all gems a damaskeene, later 1912, clog pruf, and bullet tip micromatic. I will be adding a gbar, featherweight, andinjector as well. Might get a DE but I'm into se right now.

12. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Shaved my head for the 1st time yesterday. Ive been buzzing it off with no guard and finally said screw it.

God didnt want me to keep my hair so i might as well shave it all off.

Used a black beauty and brush. Went pretty good for the first time.

13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

:signs107:Pics please!

theFAT98 likes this.
  14. theFAT98

Of my head or the set up i used?

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Both.

16. theFAT98

Ok i will when i get a chance.

Sara-s likes this.
  17. theFAT98

I know i dont have the best head shape but i refuse to look like larry from 3 stooges so......[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Enrico and Sara-s like this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Lookin' good!

theFAT98 likes this.
  19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

There ya go! Some folks can pull it off. You can! I can't.

Enrico and theFAT98 like this.
  20. theFAT98

Thank you. Wish my head was a little better shape but o well.