Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:thanks:Jared. Enjoy your day brother. :)

clint64, Douglas Carey and Karl G like this.
  2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

:happy097: :happy096:
    Good taste runs in the family!

3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold water 3.gif
    SOTD February 21, 2017

Blade: Kai Captain Mild
    Razor: RazoRock Black Hawk
    Brush: Jayaruh boar
    Lather: Strop Shoppe Baker Street
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Stirling Baker Street aftershave with menthol
    WTG, touch-up

Enjoyable shave this morning! The Strop Shoppe lathered up easily with the Jayaruh boar and created a nice, protective layer. The Black Hawk is a fun razor and one pass with minimal touch-up was all I needed. Stirling's Baker Street with added menthol finished it off. Nice shave.

Have a great day!

SOTD 2-21-17.JPG

jimjo1031, Herm2502, Jim99 and 5 others like this.
  4. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I can probably rustle up a picture or two! What exactly is the controversy around the Damaskeene?

5. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Razor: Supply Provision Custom 2 dot head
    Blade: Chick
    Brush: RazoRock Tri-color
    Soap: Beaver Woodwright Blackbeard
    Post Care: Thayers Witch Hazel
    Osage Rub
    Alum
    Aftershave: Uncle Jon's Silk Road

What a great shave I had this morning. This was my first try of a Beaver Woodwright soap; it lathered easily, nice slickness, great protection with a pleasant scent. The bay rum was subtle but the lime was a nice scent.

The Supply Provision Custom has cured my RAD, it is perfect. Short of adding some texture to the handle there isn't a thing I would change. If you tried the bunny from @twhite this is as close to it as I've found. Until the bunny is released this will suffice. I need to try some cut down blades in this, see if they are better than the Chick. Have a great day folks!
    [​IMG]

Rufus T., jimjo1031, Jim99 and 7 others like this.
  6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

+1. I haven't even so much as daydreamed about another safety razor since I got mine.

7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Other than some similarity in form factor I don't see that much in common with the Bunny. In my limited experience the Bunny's least aggressive mode was the equivalent of a four or five dot Supply plate. I find the Supply mild for my taste, the Bunny anything but.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

8. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

When I tried the Bunny it was my very first shave with a single edge. It was an eye opening experience but I had nothing to compare it with. I'd love to do a side by side on these two razors. For me, both razors resulted in effortless BBS shaves. That is what I've been chasing ever since I tried the Bunny.

9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Another nice BBS shave with the Shovelhead with a trimmed Personna Blue. There's a bit more flex than with a GEM as you'd expect, but it's only ATG on the moustache where this is especially evident. Overall still a great shave. Happy Tabac Tuesday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, Herm2502, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  10. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Much needed shave, BBS results.
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, MPF9, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  11. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Well, there is the first OC Dammy, but then there are the Curved Blade cover and the Beveled Blade covers, both with Use Only with Damaskeene Blades printed on bottom blade base...and GEM Cutlery on back....and then the GEM Cutlery ones with curved and Beveled tops but not the full Use Damaskeene Blade ad. inside...I figured those are from post 1919.... But didn't the Back printing go from GEM Cutlery to ASR around 1919 ? or later?

And what about those beveled tops with GEM Cutlery Co. on back and the "Use Only Damaskeene Blades " on the inside? I know these started after the curved tops but it appears they continued to make the curved covers too...the time-line seems pretty fuzzy...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Rufus T., jimjo1031, Jim99 and 4 others like this.
  12. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold Water.jpg
    SOTD February 22, 2017

Blade: Kai Captain Mild
    Razor: RazoRock Black Hawk
    Brush: Artisan badger
    Lather: D.R. Harris Marlborough
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Fine Platinum, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

The Black Hawk worked well again. I am going to try some Feather AC blades for the next use with the Hawk, but I'm going back to some injectors before that happens. Pretty good shave today and I hope the same for you all!

SOTD 2-22-17.JPG

14. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Another great shave from the type F this morning. Although the Pal performed well yesterday, the type F just feels so much better to hold. There's something to be said about a vintage all metal razor.......:D.

15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

What blades do you use? I really like Feather AC's in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great picture Roger. Vintage metal razors had real metal. ;)

17. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Today was the maiden shave with my Schick E1. I paired it with a fresh NOS "Dog's Danglies" Dutch Schick blade and it was heaven from there on out. :happy036:

The E1 outdoes the E2 for closeness and smoothness. It is hard to imagine a better shave and better results. The dolphins are building a shrine even as we speak. :rofl:

Hot water preparation
    AOS Lavender PSO
    Geo F Trumper's Limes Shave Soap
    Savile Row 3824
    Schick E1
    NOS Dutch Schick (1)
    Osma Bloc d'Alun
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

E1 AOS GTL SR AOS.jpg

Happy shaving - Karl

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great filter effect, Perry. Good to see you enjoying the Hawk.

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Just a stunning razor. In my opinion one of the best looking razors ever made.

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 22, 2017
    Mongoose B2 with Triad Ti
    Feather Pro Super (11)
    Rubberset 400 #3 with WSP HWM
    Route 66 Rum Runner
    Fine Fresh Vetiver

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.