The Haul: February 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Picked up my first injector razor from the antique shop today - Schick 1942 E3 Injector. I cleaned it up tonight, but now I have to order some blades!
    Steve

IMG_4509.jpg
    IMG_4511.jpg IMG_4512.jpg

2. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Picked this guy up browsing an antique store right next to one of my jobs today. Just a couple bucks. Need to clean it up a little bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

3. brit

brit in a box

my new rocket hd just showed up in the mail today. hd 500.jpg

4. Marc D

Marc D Well-Known Member

Looks Great :)

Karl G and mrchick like this.
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    AGHisBBS, RyX, Hodge and 3 others like this.
  6. Smooth Steve

Yeah, I thought that was kind of funny. The warranty expired 5 years before I was born. I probably also paid more then what it cost new at a fair $15! I thoroughly cleaned it up and it looks new. The thing is the business model is still the same - the blades cost more then the razor!

I can't wait to try it out later this week once the blades arrive.
    Steve

Jim99, Linuxguile, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  7. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

Nothing too exciting this week. Got this Personna because I don't have one and it's in reasonable condition. It's made in England and the Gillette blades came with it. Any ideas what blades it might have had originally?:
    2017-Personna2.JPG

8. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Jackpot today. :bounce017:

Multiple packages arrived. First up, the rare Schick E1. :) This turned out to be shinier and in much better condition than I expected. I think it may get the nod tomorrow - which is saying a lot given the competition from the other package that came today. Perhaps loaded with a nice, fresh Dog's Danglie. :rofl:

E1 Topside:
    E1 topside.jpg

E1 Underside:
    E1 underside.jpg

Next up is this spectacular Friedr Herder 77 Square. It's an 11/16 and I can't wait to try it out. Beautiful condition and the edge feels oh so sharp. :love055:

Herder right.jpg

There are some lighting effects on this shot - the scale is actually smoother than it appears here and below.
    Herder left.jpg

...and last but not least, the gorgeous Filarmonica 13 Novodur. It's a nice 6/8 and the scales are hard to describe. They are slightly less brown than the pictures show. Almost like a drab olive color. Really nice. :)
    Filamonica left.jpg

...and the reverse side. :happy088:
    Filamonica right.jpg

When it rains, it pours. :eatdrink047:
    3 amigos.jpg

Happy shaving - Karl

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Karl

You hit the trifecta on this one. SUPER SCORE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

That's a 1942 Type E 2..The Rings on the Top Side are a Give Away..It was the Only Type E Like that..:happy088:

Billy..:chores016:

11. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I haven't been this excited about a shaving item in a while. This may not look like much but it's my shaving unicorn, this my friends is Roam. @youngunn was gracious enough to send me a sample of the soap and aftershave. I love it which makes me sad because I've been searching for it for months and cannot find any. It's smoky, earthy, with leather and wood scents. If anyone has anything they've found to be close to Roam, or if you're looking to get rid of some, please let me know.
    [​IMG]

12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Wow! What a day. Nice haul.

Billyfergie, ob1page and Karl G like this.
  13. Smooth Steve

Received an order from PAA today. Purchased a Crown King Shavette with bone scales, PAA Sandalwood Deodorant, PAA Sandalwood Aftershave, PAA Sandalwood Shampoo / Conditioner Soap, and a new PAA Alum Block. I am a bit nervous with the Shavette since I have never used an SR or Shavette before. I will probably wait until the weekend to try it when I am less rushed an have the time to experiment! Everything looks and smells great. It is always great to try new stuff.
    Steve

IMG_4519.jpg

14. Smooth Steve

Thanks for the identification. I was just going by a date chart I found online, but I will take your word for it that it is an E2 since I don't know much about these. The rings look cool for sure. I should be getting some blades tomorrow.
    Steve

15. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

under promise and over deliver..... oh when companies knew how to run a bussiness, wish it was still like that.

ob1page and Smooth Steve like this.
  16. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Aye..There were 4 Variations of the Type E 2..That One You have there was the 3rd Version to My Knowledge..The 1942 on the Case Refers to the Year that they 1st Offered the 20 Year Guarantee..Not the Year of the Razor..The Case was Used for Many Years after still Offering the 1942 Guarantee with Other Type E Models as Well..Also..All the Type E 2 Variants have a Smooth Comb..The Type E 3, E 4 & E5 were Ridged Comb..:)

Billy..

Jim99, Smooth Steve, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  17. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

Excited to get this: Its the all aluminium, gold anodised No52A set.
    1952RocketGold.jpg 2017RocketGroup.jpg Nearly got 'em all now! That's the HD500 on the left; the all alu 'Paperclip' on the right (but in the wrong box) and the chrome head, alu handle LD at the back.

SHAVEWIZARD420, Jim99, brit and 13 others like this.
  18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Nice way to start a day at the office is to find a package from @Jayaruh on my desk....

Jayaruh#92 synthetic....lovely! :love029:
    [​IMG]

19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I had a bottle of Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon come in today. I made a label for my blue glass spray bottle and transfered about two ounces to it. I am ready to go now.

upload_2017-2-22_14-44-13.png

SHAVEWIZARD420, Jim99, brit and 10 others like this.
  20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Excellent collection. :happy088:

Taipan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.