Soap Pass-around Volume II - 2017

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, Jan 8, 2017.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

I didn't spot that particular formula on their website. Good news is they do have quite the variety.

ob1page and PLAla like this.
  2. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

In honor of taking my new Pal on it's maiden voyage, I decided on the Route 66 Rum Runner to go with the nautical theme. I absolutely LOVE the scent, but I think I over watered it. Seems like it would be great if it was dialed in properly. I'll probably grab a tub at some point to try it again.

RyX, ob1page and PLAla like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

The Box is sitting less than 15 miles away. Today being a Federal holiday it's just not going to move. The U.S. Postal carrier commonly hits my neighborhood around 10 AM to noon. I'll be up sitting on the porch, coffee in hand, waiting.
    delivery truck.jpg

4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Nice! I'm looking forward to your observations!

ob1page likes this.
  5. PLAla

Well, @RyX, did the box make it?

ob1page, RyX and dustmite like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Grrr, no. It was getting close and moving steadily westward, then seems to have gone passed by 15 miles to a small town further down the Interstate. I'm hoping it doesn't go all the way back to the regional hub to be "sorted" again.
    If I mail a letter to my neighbor next door it has to go 130 miles to Baton Rouge before it comes back.

7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yanno, in many instances, I have found that UPS or FedEx are cheaper than USPS, and often provide superior service. This box has been traveling via USPS, perhaps when you are ready to ship it back out; check the price between all three services. I am interested to know the difference in price and service level.

8. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'll look into it. Recently I sent a package to Japan. Comparative pricing kept it in U.S.P.S. hands. They were $50, while FedEx wanted $120 for their lower slower grade service. I didn't price UPS.

PLAla and ob1page like this.
  9. dustmite

In my area, USPS is fastest, UPS is second, and FedEx I always figure two days over what their tracking shows...

PLAla, ob1page, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  10. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

As a long-time internet and eBay seller, I have shipped thousands of items...maybe tens of thousands. I can tell you that USPS us typically the cheapest, unless you are shipping a large item...then UPS usually us the best.

As far as who is the fastest, well...that really depends on how close you live to the local and regional hub of said company, and how close the "recipient" is to theirs. Since there are far more USPS hubs, most people will find them to be the fastest as well.

USPS tends to also make a big to-do about priority and overnight packages, and they get there lickity split. They cost a LOT more, however.

PLAla, ob1page and RyX like this.
  11. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

I think USPS is trying to make up for the drop in letter mail with their package shipping. Most cases packages get here on time and sometimes a day before they quote.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

PLAla and ob1page like this.
  12. dustmite

It appears that USPS overshot @RyX and has decided to take the box on the scenic route...

RyX and PLAla like this.
  13. stingraysrock

Happy Hump Day!

Hot Shower
    RAB Scuttle
    MDC Fougre
    Vey/Mac Flat Top
    R41
    Personna Blue (3)
    Cold Water Rag
    Aqua Velva

2-Passes = DFS+++!

This is my first time with MDC. Wow! Such a nice soap. The scent is fougre and I saw a thread about the scent the other day. It smells like rose to me though.

Very impressive lather, from such a small amount.

Have a Great Day!

IMG_20170222_062635-800x594.jpg

RyX, ob1page, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Verily. It went 15 miles too far west, then 60 miles east of me. Today's tracking shows it 10 miles north. I'm thinking I'll sign up for a My USPS Account and see if they would hold The Box *somewhere* so I can go pick it up.

PLAla, ob1page and dustmite like this.
  15. Kenneth Sampson

Gotta play catch the soap box.

dustmite and ob1page like this.
  16. Kenneth Sampson

Maybe the delivery person is using it as an air freshener.

ob1page likes this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

Update! The suburban Post Office answered their phone, checked and located The Box. It was almost loaded onto another truck to take another ride. Intercepted! It was waiting behind the counter when I got there. The Box has landed!
    [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

ob1page, dustmite and PLAla like this.
  18. PLAla

Woohoo!!

ob1page likes this.
  19. dustmite

Excellent! I didn't do something stupid like mess up the address, did I?

20. stingraysrock

Far out man