What's that one product (software or hardware) that......

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by McGrande, Feb 10, 2017.

1. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Anything with sandalwood in it. 2nd place goes to bay rum.
    I thought I had a problem with razor burn. Turns out it was almost a chemical burn result from using the above products.

That's ok. Cella is awesome. I have a few others also just to mix it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

I don't care for Proraso at all

Every Mama Bear soap that I've tried turned my face red

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Maggard's is good for sample sizes.
    Another option; get in on a Pass Around. It'll cost you short of $20 to sample a box of products assuming you're CONUS.

hamoncan and Linuxguile like this.
  4. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

Well sir, I gave it a try this morning and I must say, it worked. Maybe my imagination, but compared with my past experience with Feathers, today's shave was smooth from the start and very efficient. Hopefully it will give me a handful more of great shaves. The only other variable (besides a minimum Levi's strop) was that I used a Fatip OC for the shave. I had not tried a Feather blade in that razor. Next time I get out my EJ DE87, I'll try a Feather after a strop.

In any case, thanks Primotenore for the tip! Much appreciated.

Primotenore likes this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Fatboy.

6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Glad it made your shave more enjoyable.

7. Alcohol AS(they just light me up)
    And artisan soaps( irritate my skin, i do love the barborshop scents, just cant use them)

Tdmsu likes this.
  8. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I have found that SE razors and SR are not for me. I think I am spoiled by the consistent excellent shaves I get with the Merkur Futur.
    Other things I don't get along with:
    Feather blades
    Arko
    anything with cinnamon

9. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

SIMPSON BRUSHES : overpriced, indifferent quality control cruising on a reputation and good will built by people who bore the name. The classic shapes would see more repeat customers if these issues were resolved. When they try to do something contemporary the result is Michael Meyers dressed in Carnaby Street circa 1969.
    REFORMULATED PRODUCTS : Government regulations banning some ingredients or scarcity from overexploitation is one thing. A damned bean counter or new CEO child wonder enamoured with NEW something else and seldom good. Woods of Windsor AS and Cologne, Vinolia Soap once a true cold creme with tar made in the UK and now utterly worthless made in Cypress selling more for it's historical packaging of R.M.S. Titanic and deserving a similar fate. I
    hate buying a trusted product and discovering it's been bowdlerized.
    OLD SPICE and GILLETTE RAZORS: purely mental defect. My father and all male relatives used these two items exclusively. They also all went to U.C.L.A. and, if physically fit served in the Navy to please my maternal grandmother. I enlisted in the USCG and went to UCB.
    All of these 'hop on the bandwagon' earnest young men advertising a new system that will revolutionize shaving. Ho Hum, ergonomic plastic handles that feel unbalanced in more party colours than Sherman cigarettes and some gimmick blade buying strategy.
    Lastly, as noted many products fade from popularity for a variety of reasons. I too, love Klars Kabinette. It has a personal memory deeper than the Old Spice nonsense. People mourned it with little options in rose soap besides a miserable UK soap ( reference above reformulation complaint.) It is still available in Germany, and a fellow member and patrona de musica gifted a double brick.

Tdmsu likes this.