Rookie

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Brandon Sanders, Mar 13, 2017.

1. llalm

llalm New Member

welcome!

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @BrandonSanders

I hope you enjoy it here..:)

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Hey Brandon, welcome to The Shave Den! Check out the 30 Day Rule/Focus thread (link in my signature). It's a place to refine your technique, get help, and have fun!

5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Hello Brandon. Welcome to The Shave Den! As you can probably tell by now, you're in good company and there's an unbelievable amount of knowledge here on everything from razors, blades, soaps, technique and humor. I think you'll enjoy it here.
    :signs046:

6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

If it hasn't been mentioned, since you have asthma, you can use Unscented Witch Hazel, after your shave. I would add about 5 drops of glycerin to the bottle, to help moisturize and condition your skin.

ninjack, wchnu and Linuxguile like this.
  7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hello and welcome!

8. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!

9. Brandon Sanders

Brandon Sanders New Member

Thanks for the advice on cold shaving!! My skin seemed to tolerate it better!!

RyX likes this.
  10. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

Welcome, Brandon! Lots of great and friendly people here who are very knowledgeable and love to help.

11. Brandon Sanders

Brandon Sanders New Member

Does anyone recommend any certain types of pre-shave and after shave formulas?

12. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

Welcome Brandon.

I have 4 kids that have/had asthma - all grown up now.

Anyway, back in the day, we found that eucalyptus oil had a calming effect on the asthma. My wife used to acquire eucalyptus branches, dry them and put in baskets for decorating as well as the calming effect on the kids.

Not sure if shave products with either eucalyptus oil, or even menthol would be workable for you.

Also watch for allergies to specific plants. That seemed to be related to the asthma for my kids. Exposure to the allergens can trigger an event.

Good luck with your search for great shaving products and the perfect shave. You'll find lots of help from the good folks here

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

I don't recall if anyone linked to the thread on home made preshave oil. For a discussion about the need for preshave oils click HERE.

Related to your asthma condition, do you know what triggers an attack? If it's a particular plant extract there may be others that have the same issue. Click HERE for lots of reading about unscented aftershaves.

14. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Welcome from MN.

15. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den!

16. RyX

RyX DoH!

17. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

18. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Welcome to TSD!

19. sky pilot 83

sky pilot 83 Active Member

Welcome brandon. Before i give recommendations (i got plenty) I'd like to know what you've used, what worked, what hasn't, and what you currently have in your den.

Sensitive skin is a tricky thing. I know i thought i had severely sensitive skin when i got into wet shaving then found out it wasn't nearly as sensitive as i thought.

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk