Won another Razor On Ebay- A Gillette Tech Ball End

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by theguitarshaver559, Mar 24, 2017.

1. theguitarshaver559

theguitarshaver559 Active Member

I won another razor on ebay today. It's a 1950's Gillette Tech ball end double edge razor. Payed for it a few minutes ago. Got more money on my reloadable card, luckily this seller accepts reloadable cards as well, like the one that sold the Gillette Slim Adjustable. Let me know if the Gillette Tech ball end is mild or aggressive. Thanks!

2. fsfty

fsfty New Member

Very mild...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

All Gillette Techs are equivalent to about dial three on a Gillette adjustable, extremely mild. The Gillette Tech is so mild in fact, that many regard it as the ultimate test of DE skill. If your angle is off, even slightly, the razor is highly inefficient and will lead to irritation. If you can get irritation free DFS in two passes with a Tech, you can shave with anything.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Congratulations.
    zpicplease.png

5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I like that explanation. No wonder I get bad shaves from mild razors, I don't know what I'm doing. LOL

HERM

gorgo2, Jim99, Hodge and 2 others like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

If I was wrong.jpg

asland408 and Hodge like this.
  7. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

The post-war ball-end Tech is one of my favorites; my blade of choice would be a Teflon-coated Voskhod. Very smooth, very mild shave.

brit likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Great razor, mild yet efficient

asland408 and PanChango like this.
  9. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Great razor, when you get a bbs from this mild giant of the razor world, your technique will be perfected.
    It's mild nature, requires good technique to get a bbs.
    When it all comes together, you'll be amazed at how smooth your face will be. Least I was.

(When you get new stuff, we show our goodies in the monthly haul thread, please feel free to join us there)

asland408 and AGHisBBS like this.
  10. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I sense another case of RAD...

11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I love the tech. Spend some time learning the tech (do a 30 day challenge with it) and you will be rewarded with fantastic shaves.

For the longest time I thought I needed an aggressive razor to get a good shave. It is absolutely not the case. It is rare that I use anything else any more.

asland408 likes this.
  12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Before I owned a tech, I thought I would not like it. I found one in an antique shop for $10 and couldn't resist. After using it for a few shaves, I loved it!

Mild? Definitely! Efficient? Without a doubt! Great razor? Absolutely!

asland408 likes this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Oh yes you do, you card.

14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

In the Director's Cut, that's what Yoda made Luke do as the final step of training - shave well with a Tech - when he went into that big scary tree.