The Haul: April 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Picked these up today

Second one is a little rougher than most of my finds but I could probably polish it up. Haven't decided what I want to do with it. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

A brush and 3 options of cream.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

RyX, Jorvaljr and Stu929 like this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Stu, the tuckaway is an awesome shaver. Clean it up and try it. I love the shorter handle, it just seems to become part of my hand.
    I dont think you'll be disappointed.

mrchick likes this.
  4. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Results from a toothbrush and 5 min of my time. Im sure polish would work bettwr but don't want to remove the plating.[​IMG]

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I received my new Gillette Super 84 Adjustable today. It is a U4. That makes it from the fourth quarter of 1974. It was pretty clean, but I gave it a soak in hot Dawn water and a good scrubbing with a toothbrush. It did not need any polish. All the parts move freely, the doors open and close nicely, the quarter turn works well, and the adjustment ring works freely. This is the short handle version of the Black Beauty. This month is "Anything But Gillette DE" month, so I will be putting this into service in May. I look forward to that. The eye candy in the pictures is my Bunny B-400 Brush by Tom with an Omega 49 boar knot.

S84_12.JPG
    S84_11.JPG S84_12.JPG S84_13.JPG S84_14.JPG

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    My six Virginia Shaving 19mm boar knots arrived today, too. I am going to put two of them in the Louisville Slugger handles. vs_boars3.JPG

7. brit

brit in a box

1956 b-1 superspeed.just arrived. 56.jpg not sure if blade holder is correct but not bothered.bought it to use it,razor is near mint.

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Goodwill on the way home, got a new Every Man Jack aluminum-free Sandalwood deo for 99 cents. Good scent.

AGHisBBS, RyX, brit and 5 others like this.
  9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Check the blades for a date, looks like an I4 dispenser (1963).

brit likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

blades had h-2 on them,blades unused.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Probably one of them cross over years. Just a guess.

brit likes this.
  12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Anyone expecting this to look or feel like a $6 ..or even a $20 razor will be blown away. Will see how it shaves tomorrow but alignment looks fine.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Dollar General carries $2 bottles of Broadway Nails Gel Strong nail polish. One is called "Take Me" (G122) which is a good match for a Red Tip. Have already touched up my razor; a nice deep blood red without the maroonish cast that's some RTs have.

And I only noticed the polish because the rack is right next to the checkout, probably a theft deterrent.

14. George X

George X Well-Known Member

The tuck away will clean up nicely. Not sure about the blade holder. It might need extra elbow grease
    A while back I bought this New standard
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Wow!

George X likes this.
  16. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I can only click like once! What did you use?

George X and ob1page like this.
  17. George X

George X Well-Known Member

I used hot tap water and a healthy squeeze of dawn dish soap. Soaked it 20 minutes and scrubbed with a tooth brush. Repeated the hot water soak but let it sit overnight. Tooth brush again and then some Weimans multi surface metal polish. I used an old white t-shirt to buff off the initial film and then went to a polishing cloth for the final buff.

Linuxguile, RyX, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

If it looks like a Futur, and shaves like a Futur...
    :eatdrink047:

AGHisBBS, ob1page and jimjo1031 like this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Sparrow 2.JPG
    With apologies to John @Sparrow for reposting his photos,
    I received this Louisiana Cypress brush today. Marked on the base "SP 2", a fine hand crafted asymmetrical tung oil finished handle fitted with a VS Black Pure Badger knot.
    After a quick double Arko lathering, no critter smell, so I took it for a shave. With the dense knot set just right it's my best badger brush ever!
    Thank you John!

20. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Going by smell off the puck, Dark Limes is a perfect name for this soap. A lot of lime with a touch of mysterious. I'm looking forward to trying this one tonight.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, mrchick, RyX and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.