April 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Mar 31, 2017.

?

Are you using a theme for April? And - which adjustable if you're going there?

1. Arko baby!!!!

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. Arko and an adjustable - even better!!

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. Fatboy

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Slim

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Black Beauty

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  6. Futur

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Soviet Ideal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Soviet Consul

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. Schick Adjustable

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  10. No theme - just me, my razor and some COOKIES!

27 vote(s)
    77.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thank you Clint, really busy this week. I have a job interview this afternoon that if it pans out will end 3 hours of daily commuting.

SharptoothC, RyX, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Sending good thoughts and energy your way. Go knock it out of the park.

SharptoothC, RyX, Drygulch and 3 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Good luck with the interview, Lino :)

SharptoothC, RyX, Drygulch and 4 others like this.
  5. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Good luck on that. I'll say a quick prayer for you. As a new Dad (I'm assuming by your photo), those are 3 valuable hours to get back.

SharptoothC, RyX, Drygulch and 4 others like this.
  6. Linuxguile

Thank you, gentlemen! It would be a godsend to get those three hours back for sure!

SharptoothC, RyX, Drygulch and 3 others like this.
  7. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

+1 I was having problems with small mouth containers(Cella, Catie's Bubbles). So, once I went from the 10098 to JR#161 that problem went away. The 66 was never a problem. Nice wide mouth. Dry brush technique= a lot of lather.

Salty Belle, SharptoothC, RyX and 4 others like this.
  8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Prayers for you, Andrew!

9. Paul Turner

10. Paul Turner

boy did I get fooled....instead of a lovely, calm, friendly, informative review of Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man, from a gentleman named Mr. ZZ Top, I got loud rock music!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  11. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I wold love to know how much soap you end up using. Since I have switched to a measured amount of soap added to my bowl, all soaps I have used to date have worked out great. I still have other Rt66 and will take your suggestion of holding them for later. I recently got B&M Dickens, plenty of Razorock tubs and a Castle Forbes Lime tub that I have been dying to break into. Add to that my shipment of several Stirling soaps are on the way, I should have plenty of practice before returning to Rt66. I have loved the post skin feel, the excellent scents and slickness Rt66 gives, and the lather I have obtained is good enough to desire buying a tub so I just might get the practice I need. Of course, there are plenty of other soap samples from the pass around box still to try. thanks guys, I will get there. RT66 is similar to what results I had with Mama Bear. does anyone find the two to be similar?

SharptoothC, wristwatchb, RyX and 4 others like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Where I live, 3 hours in any direction covers a lot of territory. Due South, I'd be around New Haven, CT...Due West, I'd be close to the NY state line(end of MA turnpike), due North I'd be in southern Maine Too far for a job commute. I won't include due East, as I'd be in the Atlantic Ocean!!

13. BaylorGator

:D
    OK, Paul, I didn't know that anyone didn't like ZZ Top. As such, you get to replace me in the balcony heckling section. Those guys on the muppets could learn a thing or two from you, so I yield the position to the better man.:D[​IMG]

14. Paul Turner

well, you commented on my original before I edited it :).

SharptoothC, Drygulch and clint64 like this.
  15. Linuxguile

Well, 3 hours total. its 1.5 hrs and 85 miles one way.

16. Linuxguile

Thanks, Charlie!

17. BaylorGator

I have the same problem @Paul Turner . My statement was also edited to indicate the implied level of admiration the quote warranted. Clearly, I am a fan of many of the 30 day crew, you included.

18. Paul Turner

ohhhhhhhhhhhh....well, let me reorganize my driving lol. Due South-eastern Connecticut, due North, maybe the NH-Maine border, due West, maybe Gardner, MAdue East, same ocean. Still to far for a job. Knock that baby not only out of the park, but..to quote the great baseball announcer Mel Allen in describing a Mickey Mantle homer "into the yards of houses across the street, it's got to be the longest homer I've ever seen hit...how about that??"

19. Paul Turner

Thanks-y'know I wonder how we all got off track from brush creativity in that thread.

SharptoothC, RyX, Drygulch and 2 others like this.
  20. BaylorGator

You'd have to ask one of the head lemmings around here. I am clearly just a humble follower.

SharptoothC, RyX, Paul Turner and 3 others like this.