Suntan products

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by ninjack, Apr 24, 2017.

1. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a good suntan lotion? I'm indoors a lot for work but am spending moor time outside lately at my son's baseball practices and games. I got a lot of sun yesterday but didn't have anything on to help with getting a tan. I got red, not too bad, but would like to find a good suntan lotion to apply when I'm going to be out in the sun. It would be nice to get a good tan this summer, but would like to avoid a sunburn as much as possible. Anyone have any recommendations for something that works well? Thanks in advance.

crackstar likes this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I like both Banana Boat and Coppertone products in the respective "Sport" versions. They don't resurface and dry completely (no greasy feel) and are sweat and water resistant.

ninjack likes this.
  3. ninjack

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to see what's available at Walmart and get one to try. It's been many years since I used a suntan lotion and wasn't sure what is good to use these days. I'll look for the sports versions for sure.

richgem likes this.
  4. richgem

You're welcome. Good luck.

ninjack likes this.
  5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I like banana boat, Coppertone sport, Neutrogena, and bullfrog.

Lately I've been covering more and applying less. Long sleeve Columbia pfg t-shirts. Only leaves my nose and chin in sun.

ninjack likes this.
  6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I use Biotherm SPF 30. It works great for me for letting me get super-dark and it gives terrific protection against sunburn.

ninjack likes this.
  7. richgem

@crackstar

For some reason I always mentally call this brand: Нова жена
    Maybe because it's just too punny not to.

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My natural coloring is very olive. I can literally get a tan in 15 minutes and the shade of brown I get is to the extreme. My wife is also quite dark naturally but less than myself. Her tan is much nicer looking than mine - more of a very golden town.

9. ninjack

Thanks, I have never heard of Biotherm SPF30. I'll keep an eye out for it as well. I don't have too hard of a time tanning. I just don't spend enough time outside to get a good one usually. I figure using a good tanning product will help.

Yehuda D likes this.
  10. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Is this thread designed to make me jealous!?

No recommendation from me, but it is amazing that you guys are discussing suntan lotion while we are still freezing here

ninjack likes this.
  11. ninjack

LOL! Yeah, it tends to get warm pretty fast this far south. In Oklahoma, we usually get a few weeks of spring like weather, then it gets hot. Hasn't been so bad this year yet, but it could turn any day now. It's supposed to be 90 degrees today and 55 tomorrow.

12. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Lancaster also makes some excellent suntan products. Once again, NEVER, ever use less than SPF 30 and another thing which is extremely important is that 30 is the absolute highest protection level possible. 45, 50, 60, 80, whatever=30. With proper use you'll get a beautiful tan and you'll be well-defended against burning.

ninjack likes this.
  13. ninjack

Thanks for the info, Jeff. I will be sure to check the SPF level. I have never heard of Lancaster before. I will look into it.

Yehuda D likes this.