Anyone use Whole Foods Soaps?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Fly2High, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

IMG_3789.JPG i am interested in hearing how soaps made under the Whole Foods brand are?

I picked up a Sandalwood and a shea butter(wife) but haven't tried them yet. Price wasn't too bad.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  2. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

Where did you find them at? I would love to try the sandalwood if I could find a store that sold them. Let us know what you think.

3. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

It's from a supermarket called,"Whole Foods Market".

Just about finished with Dove bar so within the week I will post my thoughts.

The only difference between the shea and the Sandalwood is the Sandalwood has one more ingredient: olive oil at the end.

To me it smells great and only $3.99 for a triple milled 8oz bar. Not bad.

ninjack likes this.
  4. ninjack

Thanks, I googled it and found a store not to far from me. I'll try and stop by and get one of the sandalwood bars next time I'm up that way. 8 oz is a big bar and at a good price.

5. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I use Whole Foods "365" Glycerin soap (Vitamin E) for my pre-shave wash. I think it's every bit as good as Musgo Real Lime soap - at it's $10 vs $3 for the "365".

51UVrQGWfLL._SY300_.jpg

Boojum1 and ninjack like this.
  6. ninjack

Nice! I really need to check one of these stores out.

7. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I find Whole Foods to be a rather big supermarket that carries lots of natural stuff in every isle. Instead of just one or two isles like most supermarkets, they are having stuff in every isle.

Also, they carry Thayer's Witch Hazel, Kiss My Face soap and another witch hazel whose name I forget but is good too. They also, by me, have a great scent/essential oils rack so you can , sort of, get an idea what certain oils and fragrances smell like. Could even get an unscented soap or cream and tune it yourself.

Lots of good stuff for us.

ninjack likes this.
  8. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Whole Foods market, and to an extent, HEB Central Market, is aimed at the "La-de-dah, I'm shopping organic, and good for the earth" consumers - who then drive off in their 14 passenger SUV's to pick up their 1 kid and a dog :)

Have I shopped there? yes. Do I buy much? No, I like my money better than that :p

9. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I only went there to grab some Kiss My Face shaving soap and these bars of cheap bath soap. Otherwise, I tend to agree. I am not in the income bracket to afford shopping there regularly.

Besides, when I hug a tree, it is only to remove it to make a bat or a brush handle.

Or to improve my view of Venus

[​IMG]

Bookworm and Linuxguile like this.
  10. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I tried out the Sandalwood soap. I found the scent reminded me a bit like TOBS . The only downside is I think it stained my white washcloth. Will need to see if it comes out. Scent was real strong and nice. Really infused the bathroom nicely.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    ninjack likes this.
  11. ninjack

I intended on going to Whole Foods and getting some of the soaps to try this past weekend, but bad weather prevented it. Next Saturday hopefully. I found out it is just a few blocks away from the only brick and mortar shave shop I know of. I may have to pop in there too.

12. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Still have over 1/3 -1/2 of this sandalwood scented Whole Foods soap left and I have used it every day so far. Really lasts a long time and love the scent. It is more on the stronger side. The soap also leaves my skin nice and soft so in all, for a cheap -ish soap, it seems well worth it to me.

ninjack likes this.
  13. ninjack

That's great. I am still trying to get up to the Whole Foods Market to pick some up. Also I am going to get some of the 365 glycerine soap to try. Glad you are liking it.

14. ninjack

Well, I made it up to Whole Foods Market Saturday and have to say I enjoyed it. They had a lot of different artisan soaps that smelled terrific. I did end up buying 3 bars of the sandalwood soap and 1 bar of the 365 unscented glycerine soap. I also got some Thayers rose scented witch hazel while I was there. I plan on going back by there in a few months and getting some more soaps to try in different scents as well as getting more of the sandalwood soap. I love the sandalwood scent of this bath soap. It makes my whole bathroom smell like a faint sandalwood smell. Very glad I learned about Whole Foods Market and their sandalwood soap.

15. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I have never bought a soap from Whole foods, but I do buy from the supermarket Trader Joe's. They are fantastic...and much cheaper.

Bath soaps and hand soaps are the most underrated items having to do with/surrounding wet shaving

ninjack likes this.
  16. ninjack

I have never been to a Trader Joe's. I have heard the name before, but didn't know anything about it. I just looked and found one not too far from where the Whole Foods Market I went to is. I will have to check it out sometime. I really enjoy a nice smelling bath soap. Especially it it complements my shave soap.

17. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

They have a lot of really good products, but their hand soaps and shampoo are Mainstays in my den.

IMG_20170515_081222.jpg

ninjack likes this.
  18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks for the tip! :happy088: I'll have to try some.

ninjack likes this.
  19. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Please everyone remove your hats and bow your head in a moment of silence. WF Sandalwood is no more. There was only a sliver left and had to finish up with Stirling Pearberry (daughter's request).

The Whole foods was a very pleasant scent and left my skin great. For the duration and price, I think it would be purchased again.

Anyone else have any experience with Whole Foods soaps?

Frank

ninjack likes this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Well, there is one near by (both Trader Joe's and Whole Foods) I need to check them out.

ninjack likes this.