The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Used Sandpiper soap and splash this morning. Terrific, shiny, beautiful, and slick lather. Worked it up slowly with a good amount of water. The lather is outstanding. The hairs on my chin are the coarsest on my face but each shave with Stirling just glides right through those stiffer hairs. Most other soaps I own don't do as well in that area.

Now, I need to get a sample or two of the new stuff.

Paul Turner and ob1page like this.
  2. Just got my order in. Initial thoughts from smelling the soaps and bath bars out of the package.
    Iced Pineapple-my favorite scent ever now
    G&T onR-smells great and the added menthol should make a great soap even better
    Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo-Menthol is strong, but I can still smell the underlying Sharp Dressed Man. Im going to shave with it tonight and it will be my first glacial shave ever !
    Coconut Lime Bath Soap- AMAZING! I have a feeling my wife may try and steal this one away from me.
    Glacial Spearmint Bath Soap- Smells just like I thought it would. Will be great for summer
    Weekend In Malibu Bath Soap- May have to grab this in the Shave Soap because it smelt so good

crackstar, ob1page and LOOT like this.
  3. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

That's great to hear about Weekend in Malibu...I bought all 3 products without smelling it.

crackstar likes this.
  4. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

My order just arrived. Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo smells like menthol but should open up when lathered. The Sharp Dressed Man Mentholated AS smells divine. Iced Pineapple soap smells just like warm, dehydrated pineapples. They sent me a sample of the bath soap as well. Devious! And the sample of Sandpiper smells fantastic as well. Good shaves a' coming!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My Stirling order was shipped today - can't wait for it to arrive! :happy069:

ob1page and LOOT like this.
  6. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Mine too!!

ob1page, LOOT and crackstar like this.
  7. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

Mine too!

Triplets!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

crackstar and ob1page like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

wow...Doc Ezlovan has had a lot of work to do, thanks to you guys!!! (Well, me too soon).

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It's nice to see that Sandpiper can be enjoyed year round. In fact, I just put it an order for the aftershave, with menthol.(Second sentence added a few days after the first).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    crackstar, PLAla and ob1page like this.
  10. PLAla

I placed an order last night for soap samples of Glacial Lemon Chill, Iced Pineapple, and Grapefruit with menthol. I also got sample splashes in those three scents plus Bergamot Lavender, which I've been interested in trying. Looking forward to trying these menthol soaps out!

ob1page and crackstar like this.
  11. crackstar

I'll be using the Glacial Wintergreen trio tomorrow morning. Le Grand Freeze once again!

ob1page and PLAla like this.
  12. SharptoothC

I went with the Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo, and for the duration of the shave all I smelled was menthol. Lots and lots of menthol. The feel was great, the chill was there, but for the first time I was disappointed in a Stirling soap scent. Or lack thereof. I did get the Sharp Dressed Man aftershave, and it was everything I hoped it would be. So that helps, but I really wanted that scent through the whole shave. Tonight is Iced Pineapple, and I can already declare that scent strength will not be an issue with this one.

13. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Ok guys, keep rubbing it in that my Stirling order is still in transit

14. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

@LOOT brings up a fine point: don't skimp out on the bath soaps. It is inhumane. Seriously...They add a greater level of enjoyment for no more cost than the cheap crap most of use.
    Pair up with a Stirling soap.

15. Same for me on Eskimo Tuxedo yesterday. Loved the shave and feel of the soap, but the scent was lacking. Shaved with Iced Pineapple tonight and it was heavenly

crackstar, ob1page and SharptoothC like this.
  16. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Where's the executive man a aftershave, iced Pineapple soap and Aftershave, and MITA soap and aftershave?

crackstar and dustmite like this.
  17. SharptoothC

Ha, we seem to be on the same rotation. I shaved with Iced Pineapple tonight as well, and it was incredible. I had doubts as to whether I would like a fruity scent, but I loved it. It actually paired nicely with the Sharp Dressed Man splash. I think the Eskimo Tuxedo may go on the trade block though, I'm sad to say. It performs wonderfully, but I shave as much for scent as anything, and it didn't do it for me.

18. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I just bought a house. I don't want to get kicked out of it this soon! ;)

crackstar, ob1page and PLAla like this.
  19. crackstar

I was so thrilled with the Glacial Wintergreen's freeze that even though I was BBS after two passes I did a quick third pass to get some extra menthol goodness on my face. Talking about the Glacial Eskimo soap I have a tub which is coming to the end and a brand-new one. Both are from last year and although the menthol scent is extremely powerful I can definitely smell the Sharp Dressed Man scent very clearly.

20. PLAla

Had a great shave today with Dunshire soap. Nice finish with Dunshire splash with added menthol. I worked in a lot of water and got a tremendous lather - shiny, slick, and well-hydrated. Stirling soap is absolutely top-notch. Looking forward to my summer samples to arrive soon!