June 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2017.

?

What would you most like for Father's Day?

1. A brand new modern stainless steel razor baby!

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. A vintage DE razor!

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. A vintage straight razor - I'm living the dark side!

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  4. A nice vintage injector!

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. A new brush - or an old one to restore!

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  6. Some of my favorite soap or shaving cream!

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  7. Cookies - LOTS of cookies!!

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  8. A group intro without this stupid poll!!!!

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've found I prefer "thirsty" soaps for that reason. Like Dawn blue dish liquid there's more soap, less water in the package.

2. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

This morning I put a fresh Astra SP in the Slim to "wash away the sins of the past" (i.e. yesterday's patchy job with the straight). Smooooth! Used my small Stirling brush - I gotta get a Bigger Stirling synth, as this thing is freaking awesome! Also used some Route 66 rum runner from the pass-around. Good smell, good lather, good performance, but like almost every other soap, not a strong enough scent for me. I think I'll run through a few more Route 66 soaps this week. Normally when I take a week off work, I don't shave at all. Now that it's a hobby, I'm gonna have to play it by ear. Went in the ocean this afternoon, and felt the burn on my face. Decisions, decisions.

3. BaylorGator

Anybody know if Maggards synthetic knots and Stirlings are the same? I hate to keep wrecking handles just to harvest the knots, but if the knot is good enough, I have no problem doing it.

4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Your boy is getting big! Great picture!

5. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

20170623_155014-01.jpeg

Fat Friday and I'm not just talking about the burger I had for lunch!

Mongoose B3/Rockwell 6S Handle/ Feather Super Pro (2)
    Whipped Dog 30mm High Mountain Badger
    The Fat
    Thayers Medicated
    The Veg.

Looking back I should have used something mentholated as today is a scorcher. Overall flawless shave. The Feather Super Pro blew through my stubble like a hot knife through butter. Little irritation on the Adam's apple which was user error as I applied a little pressure. Other then that the shave was perfect. Little sting on application of the Veg but it faded almost instantly. Hope everyone is having a great day/night and had a great shave.

6. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

No. I'm afraid not. :p:p:p

7. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

If not, I'd wager they are close enough. I have a Maggard and a RazoRock 26mm synthetic. I cannot tell any difference between the knots. The Stirling looks like the same one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8. BaylorGator

Pravda, my friend. Vladimir Lenin already worked this out. Wanna take over a country? Use the media & education system and you'll own it in a generation.

9. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

So my software collection has gotten big enough that I got kicked out of the bathroom. These are over my dresser in the bedroom. 26 soaps and 20 aftershaves.
    IMG_6480.jpg

10. BaylorGator

Seems modest to me, Adam. I'm not sure what your wife must've been thinking! I'd suggest that you explain that men without such accoutrements are generally hobos and ride in rail cars. Let me know how it goes!

11. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

June 23 - B&M goodness

Merkur 34C
    Rapira Platinum Lux (day 1)
    Dark Chocolate (JR 148)
    DIY PSO
    Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre soap
    Alum/Thayers/AOS PSB

First use of Le Grand Chypre. Wife smells citrus but I do not. To me I get more moss and floral than anything else. It is good but I think I like Seville better. 20 sec load and lots of water yielded enough lather for 6+ passes. Super slick, extra cushion and glossy like Chrome. Great soap. Rapira did the job very well. 3.5 passes to top notch BBS shave. Alum was nearly silent with only a tingle here or there. Waited an hour before I felt I could use the Balm. Might have gotten away without it since the soap is so good. Still smelled the soap faintly an hour later. Applied some Club du Nuit Intense Man and headed to work.

Logan is adorable! Great photo!

Have a great weekend everyone.

12. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Nice shave with my Reserve spice samples.
    IMG_6476.jpg

13. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I find myself looking forward to your Friday posts!

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Lol. It's great stuff. No matter who's line you stolinate. For the record I read that in Jack's voice.

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I use the personna a lot. They do great. The E is awesome. Just remember from the start to use a light touch.

Always makes my day to see the happy young man. Thanks!!

Light weight.....

That G is awesome!!

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Today was a great Friday work day shave. Boots shave stick and a synthetic seem to be made for each other! The JR #137 knocked it outta the park! Loved the flying wing aka bullet tip MM with a PAL. Of course the Veg was outstanding as well.
    tmp_867-20170623_1620251298232477.jpg

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I love the Skin-Bracer ad he does(did).

18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

What's Mandom like?

19. Fup

Fup Well-Known Member

I haven't posted in a couple days. Nothing too eventful or new and been busy. I'm loving the Gillette flairtip with the Astra SPs for sure though. Very little alum sting if any and really good shaves.

Got my Shavey Award for best new artist: the Omega synthetic brush courtesy of @BaylorGator. Hoping to give that a try in the morning along with another go on the Fatip Piccolo. The brush feels super soft with a lot of backbone. I'm pretty excited.

Happy shaving everyone!

20. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I had one of my employees (mid twenties female) describe it as a mix of motor oil, leather, and her dad after he had been working in his shop. It has some alcohol, but is pretty soothing too. It's only like $15 shipped from Japan. You should get some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.