How do I delete my B&B account. I'm done with that place.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by McHale, Jun 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

So get this. Someone stated in a post that Rockwell Razors have discontinued the Rockwell 6s razor and they read it in an email from the company. I pasted the text (there were no URLs, links, email addresses, etc) of the email in response to show OFFICIALLY that they simply need to refresh the molds so they will be out of stock for a few months. My post was deleted and I was told I can NEVER post about Rockwell Razors in any way again. The reason? The email text I pasted comes from a company that has a website. That website has a reference to a product that is not available yet and has a pre-order button. That pre-order button takes you to Indiegogo. The actual rule I supposedly violated was "posting about unreleased products or promoting kickstarter-like projects. They literally played 6 degrees of separation to say I violated a rule so I couldn't continue to stick up against their anti-Rockwell campaign. No wonder they have the reputation they have. I'm done there, once and for all.

So... how do I delete my account? I can't find any mention of it anywhere on their site. I'd rather not remove all the profile info and leave it there and I'd also prefer not to have to deal with their mods to get it done.

Thanks,

-Mc

P.S. THIS is what I posted:

This is your last chance to get a Rockwell 6S!

Well, at least for a few months. The molds for the ever-popular Rockwell 6S need to be polished, which means they'll be unavailable for a while after we sell these final 87 razors.

If you've been considering getting a Rockwell 6S for yourself or someone who could use an upgrade to thier shave, there's never been a better time!

Oh, and we'd also love your feedback on our new website and branding! We still have a few more features coming like a "Compare Razors" page, but we think the new look and products are looking pretty spiffy regardless - what do you think?​

DaltonGang, MR41, RyX and 2 others like this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I never deleted mine, I just walked away. Or got banned, can't recall. My advice is don't sweat it, man. You're not alone.

Redrock, MR41, McHale and 2 others like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Just walk away.

And by the way, so others may know, we at TSD do not stoop to bashing or bad mouthing other web forums.

BigMark83, Redrock, McHale and 4 others like this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Just walk away. That's what many of us (here) did. I don't think there's an official "delete my account" button over there.

Redrock, McHale, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I walked away too. Haven't lost any sleep yet.

Redrock, McHale, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  6. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Shame you had a bad experience over there. I find this site and that one to be very similar, and enjoy them both. In fact, the only other forum I am actively involved with is a woodworking site. However, you could probably contact one of the moderators of B&B and ask to have the account deleted or suspended.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Redrock, McHale and Yehuda D like this.
  7. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

I've been doing some reading at some of the other sites the past few weeks. Haven't joined any of them because, well......I just think this site is better. The look, feel, visual experience, help, knowledge, and comradery I find here make me feel like this is where I belong.

Redrock, Puma, McHale and 5 others like this.
  8. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Just forget about them. Not worth it to pursue this. I too abandoned the site with no remorse. Too many good times here to fret over any other site.

Primotenore, McHale, RyX and 2 others like this.
  9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Just walk away. Hang out with us

10. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Exactly.

Redrock, Primotenore, MR41 and 3 others like this.
  11. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I got banned and don't miss it at all.

Redrock, McHale and RyX like this.
  12. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

Oh, just to be clear, I already liked this place better and was going to B&B less and less. My leaving was going to happen but this was ridiculous and just pushed up the schedule. :)

As of today, walking away. Feels great.

-Mc

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Moderators on many sites can be peculiar and idiosyncratic in their decisions, which often may not make sense and are not always clearly explained to you, if at all. That is not an issue here, thankfully, because we all tend to behave ourselves as gentlemen.

14. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

Just get banned. That's what I did when I didn't tell the moderators where I got a picture of an adjustable Schick safety razor.

MR41, mrchick, McHale and 1 other person like this.
  15. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Every forum has rules of some sort, and we all find some more reasonable than others. Pick the one you agree with best and just leave the others behind.

Redrock, Bama Samurai, MR41 and 3 others like this.
  16. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

This is the only shave forum I have really visited since joining. There seems to be a lot less animosity about someone's opinion and the people I've chatted with here have been nothing but amazing and helpful. And the simplified layout is great. I'm very happy with this place.

17. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

You could intentionally post some things that get you banned. I'm sure it won't take long.

RyX, MR41, mrchick and 1 other person like this.
  18. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

19. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Just post a link to TSD. That ought to do the trick...

gmaugie007, RyX, GarnerPW and 7 others like this.
  20. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Or just take the high road. Stay here and just let the other place fade from your memory...

Keithmax, Demidog, Yehuda D and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.