Fellow Head Shaver Checking In

Discussion in 'Head shaving' started by gwsmallwood, Jul 24, 2014.

1. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

2. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

I’m back after a bit a bit of a hiatus.

Jayaruh likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome back. What's new?

4. fcbayern20012013

fcbayern20012013 New Member

I’ve been shaving my head since February of 1996, lost a bet my senior year of high school had to shave my head, after the first day I decided to keep it shaved, 1996-200 I used disposable Bic’s, 2000-2008, I used the Mach 3 turbo, 2008-July 2018 I was using DE’s, I just transitioned to using the straight razor(Naked Armor) it is the smoothest shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killerflyingbugs and Enrico like this.
  5. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Welcome

I started saving my head with disposables, losta bumps, nicks too.
    I now use a Razorock german 37c slant with a Dorco 301 blade. I use what ever soap I use on my face that day.
    I shave my face and head evey day.
    One pass top to bottom with the grain on the head, oh and I'm a cold shaver here.
    No blood, no bumps, just smooth and clean. Face gets the slant DE of the day with a feather blade, I'm going over to the dark side with a straight but not there yet.
    Then shower and post shave cream.

Good luck
    tp

Trigger likes this.
  6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Hi! I have been shaving my head for 10+ years. First, I used the Headblade and it was convenient, but it was too expensive. Later, I started using DE safety razors. I get the best shave with the Rockwell 6C. Sometimes, I will use a shavette or a traditional straight to do the job. I am very fortunate that I have a nice shaped head to proudly show it off.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  7. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

I have been shaving my head since 2004, used disposables for a few yrs then the Gillette 5 blade thing then said "f" all that $5000 a blade stuff and just would shave with some electronic clippers. Did that until I found a $1 de at the dollar tree Nov of last yr. Then I fell down the DE rabbit hole. Now I am q ball bald most days and love it

brit, Sara-s and Trigger like this.
  8. redmed

redmed Member

I started shaving my head in 2005 with Norelco and Panasonic electric shavers. I started DE shaving my face in 2016 but could never get the guts to put the DE to my head. I even bought a Head Blade shaver but chickened out and took it back. In 2017 my Norelco was getting dull and that finally gave me a reason to put the DE to my head. Boy was I surprised! The shave was not difficult and was so much closer than with the Norelco, almost BBS. Now over the years I have developed my head shave technique to produce a BBS shave over 90% of my head.

Terry and Trigger like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

That's what I'm concerned about, mostly. With the standard issue male pattern I don't have any hair from my eye bows to where the cowlick used to be. My hair cuts have been using a Wahl & 5/8" comb so I'm almost shaved now. Been told Trace Adkins looks like me but I can't find a photo of him without a cowboy hat on. Someone give me a push so I'll just do it.

brit likes this.
  10. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

It's not like it won't grow back if you don't like it.

I think you should lather up today and give it a go.

RyX, Trigger, Sara-s and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@RyX I can only say what I've said before. When my husband tried shaving his head for the first time, neither he nor I knew what to expect. What resulted was a look that he liked and I still find incredibly sexy and manly.

Edison Carter, RyX and Trigger like this.
  12. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I think if Rick decides to go sly, then he should wait until his tan fades, otherwise it will not look good.

Edison Carter and Sara-s like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

I appreciate your thoughts John. I mentioned it to my daughter. Her response was "Yeah, I like the Bruce Willis look, shaved more than when he wore hair."
    Joe, living in the South tans don't fade that much so any time is a good time. I've taken to wearing a hat to protect my skin when working outdoors. That's something I never did when I had hair on top because I was concerned the constriction of the hat would cause hair loss.
    Since I've been wearing it short, shaving is only a little shorter. I don't have a big circle of friends but I'm curious to see if I get reactions from anyone.
    Especially on aisle 12. ;)
    Aisle 12.gif

Edison Carter, brit and Trigger like this.
  14. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

be sure to wear the Veg

Edison Carter, RyX and Trigger like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm among The Chosen. If that doesn't haul em in, I've got Clubman, and half a dozen vintage Avon. Could go Shulton Old Spice or straight up patchouli EO...

Tapatalk Spam Tag

John Beeman, brit and Trigger like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

the singles isle..:D

RyX likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

i shaved my head once to see how it looked..glad it grew back..

RyX likes this.