The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I suppose soon you and I can share cold-soap details :).

Yehuda D and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  2. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

The lather is slightly different, but in a very good way! Oh man, I really like this soap.... now, if Rod could kick the menthol up a notch, lol!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

ezlovan and Yehuda D like this.
  3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Lollllll How much colder can it get? Mine is killer-cold! I find the lather is super-slick!

Gnomeo0228 and PLAla like this.
  4. Gnomeo0228

Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment haha!

Yehuda D likes this.
  5. Yehuda D

In general the Glacials seem somewhat colder these last two years. The only one I was disappointed with was the Glacial Lavender which Rod made at my recommendation. This was I believe back in 2011 and to me it was a message to me like "Damn you Jeff, keep your stupid recommendations to yourself because you know NOTHING about soap-making!" This Glacial Lavender soap did smell nice but the lather was NOT easy to whip up. Not only that, the menthol effect wasn't as strong as the other Glacials, although the skincare was good. It was a very poor seller so since then I decided to never give Rod my ideas again because what this man forgot about soap-making I'll never learn!

6. Paul Turner

Be interesting to see if my Wintergreen arrives before the PAA brush.

7. Gnomeo0228

You live you learn, right. And you'll never know unless you try

Yehuda D likes this.
  8. Yehuda D

At the time it seemed like a good idea but it turned out to be a debacle, at least in my opinion. The Glacial Lavender was not a good seller at all so Rod did the right thing by discontinuing it and I'm never telling such a top artisan like him what I think he should make. He's an expert - not me.

ezlovan and theFAT98 like this.
  9. Yehuda D

Oh heavens, I just checked what I said earlier. The Glacial Lavenders were made in 2014, not 2011. How ignorant can I be? I had never even heard of Stirling until 2013 when I received my first two of Rod's soaps which were the original Glacial soap and the MITA. My dear friend Ryan who is a member sent them to me. This wonderful gentleman is who changed my entire shaving life! :)

ezlovan, theFAT98 and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  10. Yehuda D

I'll help myself to a Glacial Lemon Chill shave tomorrow!

Gnomeo0228, PLAla and theFAT98 like this.
  11. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I am a bit odd. The only place I could feel the cold of the Glacial bath soap was in my armpits and around my man parts. The rest? Not so much.

When I use the Glacial shave soaps I really feel it on the face, but I get almost no feeling at all on my head shaves.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ezlovan, PLAla and Yehuda D like this.
  12. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

At least you have the joy of opening a brand new one!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yehuda D and Gnomeo0228 like this.
  13. Yehuda D

Lemony-scented icicles are so nice from the Glacial Lemon Chill soap and witch hazel. That's what I used this morning along with the Glacial Unscented balm. I can still feel the cool tingle!

14. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I have all three and they are awesome. I also grabbed Weekend in Malibu PSB at Pasteur's while I was there and love it.

Yehuda D and mrchick like this.
  15. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

South Padre is a bit more "suntan lotion", "beachy" kind of smell. Like Frank, I have all 3 and enjoy them all.

ezlovan and mrchick like this.
  16. Yehuda D

I don't know what to say. There's something about the North Padre bath soap's scent which I suddenly found suddenly unappealing to me. I was a bit disappointed when I came out of the shower yesterday, so once this sample is finished I'll just forget about it.

17. Yehuda D

For my shave tomorrow I'm thinking about using my Electric Sheep sample. There's not too much left but I have a brand-new 5.8 oz container of this great soap waiting for me when it's done. I'm crazy about this stuff!

Gnomeo0228 likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

How much lemon scent is in that? Or is lemon the feature scent?

19. Paul Turner

So we have Glacial Lavender made in 2011(your now corrected mistake), and Doc and Amanda Ezlovan opening Stirling the next year.

20. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

It smells to me of a very strong citronella candle, if you've ever used one. It is extremely pronounced.

dustmite and Yehuda D like this.