Hello all!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Amy Warner, Jul 20, 2017.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD! I use my phone primarily, and the quickest and easiest way I've found to resize photos is to text them to myself.

Amy Warner and Zykris like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to the den!

4. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Welcome from NJ.

Another option for photos is to upload them to a 3rd party site (e.g., PhotoBucket, Flickr, etc.) and then just use the URL from there.

Amy Warner likes this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome @Amy Warner! Glad you jumped into TSD. If you have any questions about hardware (razors, blades, or brushes) or software (soaps, creams, pre or post shave products) this is your thread right here. It'll be a good place to gather info until you find advice, opinions, or actual information in other threads.
    Have you looked under the base plate of your Gillette? There is a letter & number that are the date code. They tell the year and quarter when it was manufactured.

There is a 1MB file size limit on images uploaded to TSD. If you use image manipulation programs, you can reduce the number of colors to 256 by saving the file as a GIF. Resizing the photo also works. If you use your phone to take photos, you might consider installing the Tapatalk app. It will resize the images for you.

Amy Warner and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!

Amy Warner likes this.
  7. Amy Warner

Amy Warner The Warner

Thanks! I've downloaded the app but I haven't played around with it yet. My baby blue is a 1963 and she was made in the first quarter of the year. This website is great! I've learned so much!

RyX likes this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    RyX likes this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

#1 - Mine, too! An I-1. I used it for my last shave. Having a small collection and not yet locked onto my favorite, I take inspiration at times from what others have recently used.
    SOTD 07222017.gif
    #2 Having "shopped around", I've found TSD is the most welcoming of the shave forums. Plenty of folks with so much experience and knowledge to share.
    #3 The learning never stops. New products being tested by members (we call them Enablerers ;)) and historical data for folks that want to know more about their vintage gear.
    gillette styles.png

10. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Amy, welcome to The Shave Den!

Amy Warner likes this.
  12. Amy Warner

Amy Warner The Warner

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wristwatchb likes this.
  13. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

When you open a photo there should be a pull down at the top of the screen called "Tools" within that there should be a category "adjust size". Click on one of the options reducing the size.

Amy Warner likes this.
  14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Amy Warner likes this.
  15. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I hope it works. I have a MAC - I assume other so called computers have similar capabilities. By the way - Welcome to the site!

Amy Warner likes this.
  16. Amy Warner

Amy Warner The Warner

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk