SoS: August 14, 2017 - August 20, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Roby!

clint64 likes this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you, Doug! Enjoy your weekend.

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Man I love the scent of Local Gent Fields & Streams, very unique. How do you like the performance of this soap? The high content of avocado oil makes it a bit different.

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Timeless Titanium OC Scalloped 0.95
    Blade: Astra Platinum (7)
    Brush: H.L. Thater Funf TSN LE Butterscotch Beehive 5th Anniversary 2 Band
    Soap: Oleo Pucker
    A/S: Myrsol Aqua de Limon
    19 08 17.jpg

Amazing day in Sterling Scotland at the Cowal Highland Gathering Highland Dance Championships for our grand daughter. She got first in her age category and first in the Premier Division. Lilah Scotland Winner.jpg

5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Tonight's shave was with a Japanese Folding Kamisori. I had a fine 2 pass shave, that left me with a DFS. There were zero issues. This is a heavy, and thick razor, that is very well built.

Razor- Japanese 泰平 TAIHEI 東京 Folding Kamisori
    Brush- Semogue 1800 Boar
    Soap- Stirling Ozark Mountain
    Aftershave- Shulton Old Spice
    P8191152.JPG

6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good picture and setup with an excellent Old Spice Decanter. :happy096:

ram57, sdguero, clint64 and 1 other person like this.
  7. DaltonGang

Thanks. I bet you are a Proud Grandpa.

Smooth Steve, ilts, ram57 and 3 others like this.
  8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Very much so. :happy088:

Smooth Steve, ilts, ram57 and 3 others like this.
  9. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Doug, congrats on your grand daughter's victory. I am sure you are very proud.
    Steve

ram57, sdguero, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks so much Steve.

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh you have it, eh? Or just had a "sniff test" somewhere? It has performed very well for me. A "thank you for purchasing" letter I got from one of their guys says it is his favorite. I'll put it to work for me the next 4 days-works great with Aqua Velva. Hot days ahead. But then I'd better set it aside for the fall. But we never know about these soaps and the # of shaves available in them, do we? I could get pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't put it past myself to get another one from LG as part of my "Mad Rush To NB18".

12. Norcalnewb

Great shave picture, but a better picture of your granddaughter! Congrats to her, Doug! That is a great achievement!

BaylorGator, ram57 and Douglas Carey like this.
  13. Norcalnewb

That razor is beautiful, and I love the decanter!

ram57 and DaltonGang like this.
  14. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:thanks: Jim.

ram57, Yehuda D and Norcalnewb like this.
  15. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oh, I forgot to say - tomorrow is my Dad's 95th birthday party so I want to look my best!

I'll be posting his SoS too because I'll be giving him a good shave!

Here it is:

Hot towel, then Nivea Facial Wash
    Omega 49
    Ming Shi TTO/new Rapira
    Arko Shaving Stick
    Tet-a-tet AS Balm

At the facility where Dad is they don't really like when or if the men use safety razors. I could understand why because it could be a bit risky for an Alzheimer's patient. Before Dad moved into this facility he was using a Merkur Vision and one day he got confused, and he nicked himself in a few places. He also had forgotten to lather himself up and instead he just used ordinary bath soap on his face. I told him that he had to stop using the Vision and he agreed. He has a Philips electric which he uses daily but how does it compare to a good wet shave? Every couple of days when I go to visit him, I give him a shave and he LOVES it. The Ming Shi is a very mild razor and it works very well on him. His beard is not as tough as mine, it's just "normal tough" - in other words if he shaves every day it's not too bad, but I noticed the last time when I was there, when I kissed him he really needed a shave. He likes the Arko stick's lather and scent a lot, and although he's not an aftershave splash user, he likes The Tet-a-tet balm a lot. So do I - it smells great, it's soothing, moisturizing, and quite cooling!

16. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Doug, she's such a pretty girl!

ram57 and Douglas Carey like this.
  17. DaltonGang

Thank you. :)

ram57 and Douglas Carey like this.
  18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks very much Jeff.

ram57 and Yehuda D like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod170820.JPG
    Sunday's Shave
    zcws.gif

Proraso Pre Shave
    Arko
    Jayaruh #144
    Gem 1911 Lather Catcher
    Original Gem Cutlery SE
    CWR
    Thayer's Peach WH
    Barbasol AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Arko Shave Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #144 finest badger brush. I did the two passes with the Gem 1911 Lather Catcher and vintage Gem Jr. blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Peach WH and then Barbasol AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  20. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Yea I have the soap and balm and like it a lot. Was just curious to hear your thoughts on it. Many artisans have been including hand written cards which is a nice touch you cant get from a big corporation.

Had a chance to meet the guy behind Local Gent at the Maggard shave meet and he seemed like a very nice guy, he mentioned the concept for Fields & Streams came from a fishing trip with his grandpa, was a cool story behind the scent.