Occam's Razor? Yes, I took a chance....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Aug 21, 2017.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have the OneBlade Core V2 unused, I have that SE razor that you break a DE blade in half, used once. Not a good thing.
    I do like the way this razor looks. I'm so on the fence about buying anything new.

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

For everybody "on the fence" so to speak, Google is your friend.

Luke Webster is the name of the guy who owns Grim Blades. Or whatever domain name is the latest and greatest incarnation.

I'm tapping out. (of the thread)

Jared

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Very enlightening... I thought Kickstarter was for people who didn't have the means to fund a project themselves.

4. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to buy a razor, or anything else from Grim Blades. I hope it turns out ok for those who did.

McHale, dustmite and PickledNorthern like this.
  5. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. This razor design seems a bit odd to me. Although when assembled, it looks interesting, changing of head and blades looks troublesome.

The only razor I plan on buying for the foreseeable future is the SS General when Colonial release it next month.

6. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I'll echo what others have said, a little odd and not my cup of tea. However interesting tread that I'll follow for a little while, just in case it turns out to be the deal of the century!

7. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

I have to echo what others said as well. I wouldn't support anything that Luke Webster is involved with. I do sincerely hope that those that purchased one find it to be all that they hoped for and more though.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    entropy1049 and PickledNorthern like this.
  8. JazzDoc

JazzDoc Well-Known Member

The handle would bother me. We each grip differently for comfort. As for me, I would prefer a cylindrical handle to the one shown on the Occam's Razor.

Str8on2 likes this.
  9. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Indeed. You should have seen the first iteration. It looked like a tuning fork to be honest. This handle, although is tongue depressor looking is slightly better. And I emphasize slightly with more than a pinch of salt.....:confused:

JazzDoc likes this.
  10. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

That, and my Schick E2.

Zykris and dustmite like this.
  11. Str8on2

This is the latest update on the release of this razor. Fingers crossed and hopefully the shave it gives was worth the wait......

Almost Here... Should be shipping some hopefully Friday or Saturday...
    7 Comments

17 likes

Backers...

Looks like we should start receiving the razors possibly as early as Friday or Saturday. DHL has 5 packages heading to Idaho from Seattle (usually 2-4 business days)...

There are 18 packages in all so hopefully we get them all by mid next week.

Here is the tracking the items should have been here tomorrow (11/16/2017) however this time of the year DHL rarely makes those deadlines with all the customs clearance delays:
    IMG_0180.JPG

Tracking Occam's...
    We are ready to pack boxes and have nice bonuses lined out for everyone...
    IMG_0179.JPG

We will soon find out.........

Keithmax and Enrico like this.
  12. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Yes RAD is insidious. To make matters worse the treatment for it is only temporary. By the way. Snappy lookin razor!

13. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Glad I didn't back out after all the frustrating delays. As I was saying before, I have other razors to shave with until the Occam's arrives.

Keithmax likes this.
  14. Str8on2

Just got my confirmation from Classic Shaving that the razor shipped with tracking info. Looking forward to this...

clint64 and Keithmax like this.
  15. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Brilliant response! Oh the irony!

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Looking forward to your pictures and thoughts on the razor.

Tdmsu likes this.
  17. Str8on2

True. But I guess I'm more into the chase of trying something new and different. I'm not exactly looking for the perfect instrument or tool to find the perfect shaving apparatus, though I'm hoping that this razor provides for a nice and comfortable shave. I believe I already have a few of the best razors in my possession that give flawless, near perfect shaves for me. More the intrigue and "how will that work?" thought. Curiosity if you might say. It also killed the cat. Fortunately, I don't get 8 more lives in attempting to feed my curiosity. I don't think I or my finances could take such a burden for 9 complete lives.....;)

clint64 and Tdmsu like this.
  18. Str8on2

Not to bad a shave at all. It was a pretty good shave to be honest, although there is a bit of blade movement but it does not effect or come into play once the shave begins. Rather light razor for being made of SS, but there is good balance and grip. Handle has some type of textured feel that even when wet, I never thought once it would slip. I used the 2 dot head with a Feather Pro Super and it went quite smoothly. It is a wide razor, so a few more shaves are in tow to dial it in and get a good feel for it. DFS on 2 1/2 passes with just one tiny weeper on the neck. Smooth, comfortable and irritation free. It is a different feeling razor and shave, but in a good way. More time on it will tell, but so far not too shabby.......

IMG_1955.JPG

Keithmax and clint64 like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very cool looking razor.

Str8on2 likes this.
  20. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Mine was delivered yesterday in the U.S, now I have to find someone there to send it over to me in Cyprus.

Keithmax likes this.