Schick Quattro? Any users?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Shavetheman02, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Shavetheman02

Shavetheman02 New Member

What do you guys think about the Schick Quattro? I heard it's one of the more aggressive cartridges

I'm not really sure how many passes you can do with a 4-blade Cart tbh

EnglishChannel likes this.
  2. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I try not to use catridges. I rarely use a mach 3 (when im in a big hurry only).

I can get the chinese mach 3s for less than 50 cents each.

If i "have" to use catridges...thats what i use.

3. Shavetheman02

Shavetheman02 New Member

I also considered the Schick ST2 or Bic disposables for travel and stuff.

I guess 2-blades isn't bad for multiple passes. I think people can do several passes with the Trac II system too

4. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I used to use the Schick Hydro cartridge with 3 blades, or maybe it was 4. I do remember thinking I was not going to use a 5 bladed cart. I remember the Schick giving a good shave (no better than my DEs), but the lubricating hydro strip on top left a gooey feel that I had to really rinse off well.

5. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of the blade guards on the Quatro. The Hydro 3 or Personna GT5 aka Quatro 5 are better from Edgewell. Or just use a Mach 3.

6. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

Definitely an aggressive razor. It is good for with the grain and across the grain passes. Shaving with it gives me slightly better results than mach-3. Get yourself a pack of quattro disposables to test if you like it. My advice, don't go for quattro because hydro blades are much better and last longer.

7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I used the Schick Quattro for about 2 years till I switched to DE razors. I started using the Quattro to save money as the fusion blades were rediculously priced.

I found th Schick to be okay. The hydrating strip was gooey. I didn't find it aggressive and felt the shave was inferior to a fusion. It doesn't clog as easily as the fusion. I like DE razors much more than any of the cartridge razors I've used in the past, but the Quattro is my travel razor when I fly.

For the price, it's okay.

BamaT and Robyflexx like this.
  8. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

I have no idea about the Quattro, but the Hydro sucks. Someone bought me the Hydro for my birthday a few years ago. I tried it on my head a few times and it didn't work well. The blades are so close together, there is no clearance so the blades clog up way too fast.

BamaT and Jim99 like this.
  9. smittywerbenmanjensen

smittywerbenmanjensen Active Member

Used to be Gillette fan. Trac 2 to Fusion. Then I got into DE shaving a few years ago of which now I am a devotee. But I was at the CVS and saw the Shick Hydro 5 and bought it just to try it out. Gotta tell you it is one good razor. Better than the Fusion. I use it occasionally when i'm in a rush. Won't replace DE but, yeah I do like it.

StewB and BamaT like this.
  10. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I do remember my hydro carts plugging up and being a bit harder to clean. However IF I ever went back to carts, that would probably be the one. But that possibility is very remote!

11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Never used the Quattro, but have used the Hydro. I actually got one free, from a freebie site, with the battery operated groomer handle. The blades were so so and like @BamaT mentioned, they did clog easily. But the groomer still comes in handy, especially when on a trip.

12. Grick

Grick Active Member

The Quattro is useless. Due to the blade guards, the blades cannot get to the skin properly. It would leave plenty of stubble behind. Not to mention how it cloogged up all the time because of the blade guards.

13. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I have recently used the Quattro Titanium and it wasn't that bad.

14. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I looked into the Quattro and theyre made in Germany by Wilkinson Sword but the wire guards kind of confuse me.

15. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

I have 2 Quattro Titanium razors, and would agree that they seem to be more "aggressive" than the Gillette Fusion. It is a good shaver.

Still, at close to $3 a cart, I was disappointed with the cost of the blades. I can't remember how many good shaves I could get out of one cart.

Try it. YMMV

16. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I tried the Quattro a few weeks ago and got really good shaves with it. Its one of the few multiblade carts that I can comfortably shave against the grain with. The blades arent that cheap though. Even on Amazon, the cheapest prices I can find are around $2 a blade.
    If I were going to move away from my DE, Id probably look at single or 2-blade disposables before I looked at the Quattro, because the price of disposables is much more reasonable. If I were to go that route, Id probably go with a Bic Sensitive because the price of them is pretty much the same as a DE.