The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The Barbershop scent is one of my top favorites. (My wife detests it!) In some ways I find it would pair very well with Brut aftershave and cologne.

BigMark83 and PLAla like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

The Barbershop soap and splash were a little different for me. The soap was more subtle with a hint of powder. The splash (again, for me) was vanilla and caramel. It was quite sweet.

Yehuda D likes this.
  3. Yehuda D

How's this for a great Stirling freeze tomorrow?

Glacial Spearmint soap and the matching balm, then Alcolado Glacial Menthol Splash all over my face, head, and body!

PLAla likes this.
  4. Yehuda D

I detect powdery notes from the soap. Just my type of scent.

PLAla and Linuxguile like this.
  5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

If you like powdery notes try Stirling Spice

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

PLAla, SmokeShowing and Yehuda D like this.
  6. Yehuda D

It sounds really nice.

7. Yehuda D

My face felt frozen as hell after I used the Glacial Spearmint soap, balm, and the Alcolado Glacial splash. No idea what'll be in tomorrow's setup!

PLAla and Linuxguile like this.
  8. Linuxguile

SOTD Stirling SEptember
    [​IMG]

Schick Repeating Razor C1
    Personna
    Stirling 24MM synthetic
    Stirling Mountain Man soap and AS

ezlovan, SmokeShowing, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Vanilla and caramel-just the way I would have described the splash.But I still have lots of soap to go to carry me through the winter(along with my others).

Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  10. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

I went to look over the scent descriptions and saw Christmas Eve soap.

Was this one out before?

It is listed as Winter season.

Christmas Eve - With a base blend of pine, fir, evergreen, and mistletoe, and top notes of warm vanilla, cranberry, and seasonal spices, this scent is sure to put you in the Christmas spirit. (Fragrance Oil - Availability: Winter)

Is sounds awesome. This will be on MY Christmas list!

11. Yehuda D

My next Stirling shave will be Electric Sheep. I'll be starting a new container.

PLAla likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I thought this issue might be worth a discussion here at The Stirling Exchange. Occasional reviews for Doc Ezlovan's products discuss other products as well, when the idea should be "What do you think of THIS product?" In addition, you'll find sentences that begin with "Like all other Stirling products, this was great(or words to that effect)". If I'm interested in what users have been writing about Sharp Dressed Man soap or A.S., it doesn't help me to read that SDM is just as good as all the others. I know, I know.....it's a free country, but I do think that it's best to stick to the product you're reviewing..

PickledNorthern likes this.
  13. Yehuda D

This will be like a record for me. No Stirling shave for two days straight. At least I'm using the wonderful mentholated pre-shave soap. For my showers I'm still using only Stirling bath soaps.

PLAla likes this.
  14. Anybody else get the feeling almost as if you are cheating on Stirling when you use another company. I have some Barrister and Mann on the way im excited about lol. Im a pretty brand loyal person for most of my hobbies though

Paul Turner, Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  15. Yehuda D

I have to admit that I really enjoyed using a non-Stirling soap this morning. (TSD Iced Subzero) Tomorrow however it's going to be Electric Sheep.

Linuxguile, PLAla and Paul Turner like this.
  16. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I'm lucky, Barbershop is one of my wife's favourites.
    I agree with the subtle differences between soap and splash, although the powdery notes do come out more on the dry down in the AS.
    I apologize for trying to sound like I actually know what I'm talking about in describing a scent...:rolleyes005:

17. Linuxguile

SOTD Stirling SEptember
    [​IMG]

Schick Injector L1
    Personna(2)
    Stirling Boar
    Stirling Iced Pineapple soap and AS

My last shave of Stirling SEptember and I decided to go back to the setup that gave me one of the smoothest shaves of the month. Once again the shave was spectacular! My face became "comfortably numb" with the Iced Pineapple and the L1 loaded up with the Personna was smooth as silk! Another positive is that my Stirling Board did not shed a single bristle last night, so hopefully its shedding has come to an end. Have a great weekend my friends!

18. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Go easy on us, Paul. It's just a gab fest, that's all.

From post number one: "....but I thought maybe we should have one, dedicated thread where we can just talk all things Stirling...."

We're over three thousand posts. Since there are only fifty or so scents, and twenty-ish of us regulars, if we stuck to straight up reviews we'd have ended the thread a couple of thousand posts ago.

ezlovan and PLAla like this.
  19. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

So I did a little looking. On all of the larger shaving forums, on two continents no less, The Stirling Exchange is by far the largest and most continuous active thread on Stirling products. On TSD, it is easily the biggest product line oriented thread here. The SOTD types have accrued more posts over the years, but The Exchange is the biggest of any user group types.

We rock.

20. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Sounds like Rod @ezlovan needs evangelists on other forums. I'd bet there are more Stirling fanboys per capita on TSD than anywhere else. Also, FWIW I'm participating in a huge soap sample Pass Around on B&B, and the Stirling samples have very weak scents and are not good representations of what has become one of my favorite soap brands. It might be worth reaching out to dfoulk over there for a reboot.

ezlovan, PickledNorthern and PLAla like this.