What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Linuxguile likes this.
  2. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Whipped Dog 22x46 silvertip badger shaving brush with amber handle. I really like my 24x51 silvertip from them so I’m getting another.

3. George X

George X Well-Known Member

Nice score. Looks like a cleaning day is coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linuxguile and jimjo1031 like this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

A 24mm Maggard black and white synthetic knot for my birthday brush which I am working on..........

s-l1600 (1).jpg

5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I have a couple of razors inbound. [​IMG]
    The Craftsman looks to be in nice shape.
    [​IMG]

6. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Finally at last the hunting season is over and I got myself a Gem Micromatic Single Edge Bullet Tip safety razor, I'm going to send this to Dave in NZ to get this replated soon [​IMG]
    By the way which GEM blades do you guys highly recommended on the market for this razor, because I need to get some very soon so I can give this baby a shave.

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  7. LSUfanBR

LSUfanBR Well-Known Member

I asked Wilkinson Sword about this razor on Facebook and they responded with the following: "We can confirm that this razor is a Wilkinson Sword Kompact, launched round about 1980. It was a German design, made in Solingen and took the basic Profile Swivel blades. The replacement blades were however sold in a small circular container, which was stored up inside the handle. Hence the name Kompact. It was sold in the UK, but it didn’t do very well. : ( Hope this helps. The Wilkinson Sword Facebook Team."

AGHisBBS, RyX, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  8. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

A SOC Boar in Cherry. I wanted to give Semogue another chance. I tried one years ago, but vaguely remember using it. This model is supposed to have plenty of backbone and be good for face lathering. I'm leaning towards boars now. Not sure I'll ever try a Silvertip.

9. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

@BigMark83 you should've got this boar brush which is far better than the SOC boar ;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  10. M14Shooter

M14Shooter Well-Known Member

Wadde and Butcher with Thumb Notch
    wb33.jpg

11. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

IMG_8188.jpg

I made a reasonable offer for this lot.. I was after the psycho tech and the rotbart .. seller accepted and I'm excited!! :happy036::happy093: I don't have a bullet tip, and this lot has 2 so that's a bonus

12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Nice haul! I use the Gem Personna blades that I find in the local supermarkets. 10 pack for $4.49. They work great for me.

Zykris, RaZorBurn123 and SpeedyPC like this.
  13. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Whoa, dude!!!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Any Blade from your pharmacy. There really are only a few choices. Carbon steel or Stainless Steel. Do not use Hardware Store blades!!!!!

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

15. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette flair tip black handle. Should be here this week.

Already have a red tip, D2 flair tip, looking for a blue tip.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Personna Gems also work fine for me..................

RaZorBurn123 and SpeedyPC like this.
  17. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I’m waiting on the Mergress with the bronze knob. I have been looking for a stainless steel razor that will give me a great shave but I just sold my Timeless; couldn’t get a proper shave. I had ATT, same. I recently bought a Blackbird polished closed comb, only two shaves in and a bit disappointed my beloved Voskhods don’t perform well with this razor. That got me thinking, what good is a stainless steel razor that won’t give me a great shave. I have a long handle Progress that gives me the best shave, so I thought, maybe a Mergress: looks great, hefty somewhat like steel and maybe I can get a great shave with it. I will hopefully have it in I’m guessing 3 weeks , as customs needs to keep it, much longer than necessary.

Attached Files:

18. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

You know I was just thinking about your situation and thought about the asylum evolution . Is stainless steel and it's a mild razor.

RaZorBurn123 and Spud like this.
  19. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Think I will calm down, use the Blackbird for a bit and refrain from buying before my wife divorces me. My concern for the perfect stainless steel razor has begun to take the fun out of this hobby.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  20. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

You know the boys at customs have to shave too.
    Hope they clean it up before you get it.
    That's a nice razor, good luck and enjoy it.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS and Spud like this.