Dollar Tree $1 Safety Razor

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by gzp, Sep 17, 2017.

1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

These wouldn't be bad to give to friends who are curious about starting up. As you said, there are worse and I have used them. I've been pleasantly surprised by this one.

EnglishChannel and gorgo2 like this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yep. All we need to do is take a look that everything is an alignment before we give it away.

EnglishChannel and NCoxSTL like this.
  3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Great write up. I've had no luck in finding one. I've covered two Dollar Tree stores and a Big Lots.

EnglishChannel likes this.
  4. slats6nyr01

slats6nyr01 New Member

Tried a couple of Dollar Trees by me, and nothing. Thanks Ok, I really don't need another razor.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

5. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

SHAVE REVIEW #2
    I used this budget razor this morning for the second time and got another efficient BBS shave. My last shave was very good, but lacked the smoothness I have become accustomed to.
    Yet, I found that this razor is completely capable of providing a close clean shave. So, as CHANGE UP for this shave, I focused on shave PREP, not on the blade.
    Here are the shave details:
    RAZOR: Pacific Quality Stainless DE Razor (Handle)
    BLADE: Pacific Double Edge blade - second use - no stropping or additional attention given to the blade.
    PREP: hot shower followed by hot water face rinse
    BRUSH: SheaMoisture Ultimate Shave Brush - black badger knot. Plenty of rich lather.
    PRE-SHAVE: used bloom water from AOS Cream - I floated some water on the top of the cream *AND my shave smoothing secret weapon - Rite Aid Renewal Skin Cleansing Cream
    SHAVE CREAM: The Art of Shaving - Lavender Essential Oil - for Sensitive Skin - bowl lather
    POST SHAVE: Hot water rinse
    AFTER SHAVE: Clubman Lilac Vegetal
    Pacific_DE_Razor_SheaMoisture_AOS_Lavender.jpg
    This was a very good 3 pass BBS shave - with no touchups required. Outcome fresh, clean, smooth face!

This razor has very efficient blade exposure and somewhat aggressive geometry that rivals my SABI Gen 1 TTO in beard reduction.
    The razor is lighter than I prefer, so lacks some essential weight that helps do the work. Yet the result was excellent.
    The Pacific Razor/Blade combo seemed much smoother today, and the only difference was the prep and products used.
    This shave left me with an excellent, dolphin smooth face, with no irritation or issues.

This close-up of the head of the razor shows the blade alignment and exposure, which are both good.
    In addition, you can see that the TTO doors are slightly misaligned. There is also a flaw in the finish (circled). These do not affect the shave.
    PacificDE_Head_flaws.jpg
    Though it is by no means a beautiful razor, it has some minor cosmetic deficiencies, and it feels light in your hand, this combo works really well - blade included.
    This will never be my FAVORITE razor, but for me, this razor represents the best VALUE TTO DE in my meager collection.
    As always - YMMV.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  6. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Thank you for your efforts in providing well-rounded reviews for this blade and "handle." Outstanding!

EnglishChannel likes this.
  7. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

It was my pleasure.
    Thanks for commenting.

sdguero likes this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

On the one hand, I'm happy a reasonably functional DE can be had for $1.50 from Big Lots.

Yet another part of me is kinda sad that even a simple DE is such an unusual find these days and unknown to most. "That's a razor?" many would say.

It's weird and I can't explain it but it reminds me of an episode of the Six Million Dollar Man seen recently, with a lengthy sequence inside a store. Some people were talking in front of the register. Behind it was a large display of several popular period razor blades. That such, and many other simple things, were so commonplace back then that almost no one would notice them, and now it's an unknown and meaningless sight, is sad. But it's the way of things.

9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Stopped by the Dollar Tree today and noticed the bin was getting low. So I picked up two of them...........

sdguero and EnglishChannel like this.
  10. HUF

HUF Active Member

Today, I saw a Weishi-looking TTO along with a 5pack of blades at Dollar Tree. That's probbaly the cheapest TTO one can get (and try).

EnglishChannel and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It hasn't reached our Dollar Tree yet. If and when it does, I will be snatching one up.

12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

13. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I'd stock up on those just to have for give-aways.

Sent via Tapatalk

wristwatchb and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'd give it a try

15. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I'd go for it as well. I'll have to check the local Dollar Tree.

16. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I'll give my local DT a look

17. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

If you find one in/around your town, let me know. The DTs by me do not have them and I'm a hop, skip and jump from your area.

18. jimjo1031

Pacific TTO Razor
    Personna Lab Blue Blade
    Frank Shaving Badger Brush
    Derby Shave Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Lucky Tiger Aspen After Shave

Felt a bit grubby tonight and decided that it was a good time to try out the Pacific razor from Dollar Tree. I used a Lab Blue blade as I can usually tell how good or bad a razor is with this blade as it can be unforgiving at times, at least for me. I did my usual two passes with some touch up, and while not as comfortable as other razor/blade combos, it still provided me with a really smooth BBS shave. There was some irritation, which was noticeable after I applied the after shave, getting a little more burn that I usually get with other shaves. I had one tiny weeper which in my opinion was caused when I did apply some pressure to the razor, as it is pretty lightweight. Over all, not a bad razor, especially considering it cost $1.00. In my opinion, this would be a good razor to take on a trip if the thought of it being lost or stolen is considered. I'm sure that if I used another blade, like a Bic Chrome Platinum or Treet Black Beauty, I'd most likely get a much more comfortable shave.

20171013_003052_preview.jpg

19. jimjo1031

My experience with the Dollar Tree razor...........

Pacific TTO Razor
    Personna Lab Blue Blade
    Frank Shaving Badger Brush
    Derby Shave Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Lucky Tiger Aspen After Shave

Felt a bit grubby tonight and decided that it was a good time to try out the Pacific razor from Dollar Tree. I used a Lab Blue blade as I can usually tell how good or bad a razor is with this blade as it can be unforgiving at times, at least for me. I did my usual two passes with some touch up, and while not as comfortable as other razor/blade combos, it still provided me with a really smooth BBS shave. There was some irritation, which was noticeable after I applied the after shave, getting a little more burn that I usually get with other shaves. I had one tiny weeper which in my opinion was caused when I did apply some pressure to the razor, as it is pretty lightweight. Over all, not a bad razor, especially considering it cost $1.00. In my opinion, this would be a good razor to take on a trip if the thought of it being lost or stolen is considered. I'm sure that if I used another blade, like a Bic Chrome Platinum or Treet Black Beauty, I'd most likely get a much more comfortable shave.

20171013_003052_preview.jpg

20. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Roger that. Recon on Saturday

Linuxguile and Jim99 like this.