Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

18 OCtober
    Williams Wednesday

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
    Brush: JR #180, 22mm Badger
    Soap: Williams
    Razor: Valet VC2, Autostrop
    Blade: Feather FAS-10 Carbon Steel(CS), Feather Seikan (6)
    Strop: Amish made
    Post-Shave: Cold Water rinse, OSMA Alum block and Tai Winds After Shave, Big Blue Whistle Decanter, Avon
    Photo:
    SOTD 18 Oct 2017.jpg

It's Williams Wednesday gentlemen. The JR #180 whipped up a hell of a lather with the Williams this morning. Almost did not partake in the festivities today. I still looked good on my cheeks but my neck needed a little shave. Last minute I decided on a two pass shave that left me with such a close shave with little to no irritation that we will call this another BBS shave. Finished of the shave with the quiet alum block then a newly acquired Tai Winds AS. Stropped the fifteen times before the shave and another ten times afterward. The blade is still going strong and shows no sign of quieting yet. I do believe that this blade will out live the un-stropped blade but how much longer is yet to be seen.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Jim99, MPF9, sdguero and 6 others like this.
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Nice to see Tom`s creations together :)

mrchick, clint64 and Linuxguile like this.
  3. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

OCtober 18th
    ROCNEL SE-G with a new GEM PTFE
    [​IMG]

Linuxguile, Jim99, GarnerPW and 7 others like this.
  4. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 19th Oct

Mongoose B3 & Schick Proline [ 1 ]
    Pleased to say that by really concentrating got superb close finish around the neck and jawline, areas which are always hard to clear, for me anyway.

IMG_0028.jpg

Karl G, sdguero, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  5. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Nice cup, is that vintage ???

6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD October 19, 2017

Prep: Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Kai Captain Mild
    Razor: RazoRock Black Hawk
    Brush: Semogue 1520c boar
    Lather: Stirling Piacenza
    WTG, touch up

Black Hawk today for a great shave. Smooth and comfortable all around. Enjoy your day!

SOTD 10-19-17.JPG

Karl G, sdguero, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  7. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

No, it’s part of a new set my wife got me. Thanks

Karl G, Bird Lives, sdguero and 2 others like this.
  8. GarnerPW

Nice set up. Though I really like that Rocnel SE-G, Jamie. I just can't justify spending that much on one razor. So I figured when you get tired of it send it to me for save keeping for you. Think of it like a satellite storage area.

sdguero, Jim99 and mrchick like this.
  9. mrchick

Ogallala Bay Rum Shave Stick
    B-400 Brush by Tom
    Eye-Gore SE Razor by Tom
    Thayers WH
    Ogallala Bay Rum After Shave
    Have fun![​IMG]

MPF9, Bird Lives, sdguero and 5 others like this.
  10. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

SOTD 10.19.2017

Face Shave:
    Pre-shave: hot shower
    Shave Cream: Barbasol Sensitive Skin travel-size can http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...m-travel-can-experiment-sensitive-skin.57755/
    Razor: 1970 Gillette Adjustable 109
    Blade: Personna Blue (5)
    Post-shave: Thayer's WH, Nivea Sensitive Balm, Skin Bracer

Head Shave:
    Shave Cream: Pacific Shaving Company Caffeinated Shaving Cream
    Lathering bowl: My wife's home-made, Rosemaled bowl
    Brush: Omega Hi-Brush, synthetic
    Razor: EverSharp Schick G1
    Blade: Schick (1)
    Post-shave: same as above

It was time to do a head shave but as I mentioned when I started this thread, I wasn't going to make this travel size can do double-duty. I continued to use it only for the face shave today, and used a different product for the head shave. I only had to use a single golf ball sized dollop of cream, applied by hand, and it was enough for a 1st pass and a 2nd pass. Today's face shave was not as wonderful as the last three days. It was good, just not magnificent. Somehow, some way, I gave myself a blood-letting with three nicks or weepers about the chin area. I'm sure that was my fault. I think I lost concentration and applied too much pressure as I went over the chin and the Gillette 109 was set at #5. Live and learn. The post-shave made me feel better.

The head shave was great! I used my newly acquired Schick G1. It had to do battle with a week's worth of stubble and it performed admirably.

Overall, great 2-part shaves using different creams and razors. Hope everyone is having a great day / evening.
    10.19.2017 3.jpg IMG_1449.JPG

Linuxguile, GarnerPW, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  11. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Your wife has great taste...A shave mug with a Schick Repeater on it! Thats way toocool for school!

12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Ohh thats right.... You've got the good fortune of having Eye-gore as a shave-cave guest!....I think your choice of pairing it with Ogallala Bay Rum is well put...That kit would make me want to get up in the morning...};^))

sdguero, mrchick and clint64 like this.
  13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 20th Oct.
    Though the Alu. Hawk V1 is quite light for me, I am beginning to like it more. Because of the relatively small head it is quite agile, but more importantly it seems possible to make subtle changes to the cutting angle to suit the contours of the area you are working on . It copes well with my heavy beard and delivers and excellent quality of Shave without fuss. Would be an excellent purchase for anyone wishing to try out Artist Club/ SE Shaving.

IMG_0030.jpg

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  14. PLAla

SOTD October 20, 2017

Prep: Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: Schick L1 injector
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    WTG, touch up

The L1 is quite mild. Might be the mildest razor in my den. But it works well and yields good shaves. Today was no exception. The Fat worked beautifully as always. Smooth and comfortable all around.

Have a great day!

SOTD 9-15-17.JPG

polishaver, sdguero, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  15. GarnerPW

20 OCtober

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
    Brush: JR #180, 22mm Badger
    Soap: Lavender EO, Castle Forbes Shaving Cream
    Razor: Valet VC2, Autostrop
    Blade: Feather FAS-10 Carbon Steel(CS), Feather Seikan (7)
    Strop: Amish made
    Post-Shave: Cold Water rinse, OSMA Alum block and Lilac Vegetal AS (Veg), Pinaud
    Photo:
    SOTD 20 Oct 2017.jpg

Stropped the blade fifteen times before the shave. Today was the 7th shave on the blade. It is still smooth and giving nice close shaves. Continuing with trying to find a soap that goes with the Veg. today I paired it up with CF Lavender. I have posted before about the CF but for the benefit of those of you are new or didn't read it, the lather and slickness is top notch. Well worth the price. The scent for me is.... a little strong. I had a gentleman in the UK say that it was a proper British Lavender. Maybe that's why I find it just a little off putting, I'm not British. I am able to get a DFS easily from two passes and that is all I was trying for in hopes that I might be able to shave again tomorrow. Finished of the shave with a cold water rinse followed by the alum block, that gave just the slightest bit of feed back at the bottom of my neck. Topped it all of with a splash of the Veg. Eureka! I found the soap for Veg. They pair very well together and in MHO smell pretty good together. A case of "The sum of the parts". Stropped the blade another ten times, than put it until tomorrow.

sdguero, clint64, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  16. mrchick

:angry021:
    Thank you. I was pretty excited when I got it.

Yes, I’m very fortunate. This is quite the razor. The Ogallala Bay Rum is one of my favorites. It’s always in the rotation. ;)

clint64 likes this.
  17. mrchick

Lisa’s Natural Wet Shave Soap
    B-400 Brush by Tom
    Eye-Gore SE Razor by Tom
    GEM Stainless Blade (4)
    Lucky Tiger
    Pinaud Clubman After Shave
    Happy Friday![​IMG]

MPF9, sdguero, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  18. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Great photo, Perry! Using the L1 makes for an automatic great shave!

clint64, PLAla and GarnerPW like this.
  19. PLAla

Thanks, Andrew! It's a great razor.

clint64 and Linuxguile like this.
  20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 21st Oct
    Another Shave with a light AC/ S Edge Razor, this time the Alu General which also benefits IMHO from the addition of a S/S Handle. No doubt the smoothness of the Shave was assisted by the great lather from the Faena, but I actually think the Feather Pro performs well with this Razor, and I was rewarded by a good close all round Shave.

I actually enjoy shaving with this version of the General , rather than the Brass one which I have passed on to a fellow Shaver, who really loves it. Todays Shave confirmed that I had made a wise decision.

IMG_0032.jpg

sdguero, Linuxguile, PLAla and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.