Another Haunted Razor On eBay

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by John Ruschmeyer, Oct 18, 2017.

1. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I noticed that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

3. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

If you type in "haunted" on the bay you get quite a few listings!

Paul76 and Keithmax like this.
  4. jar

jar Well-Known Member

5. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I did that and found a haunted noose, very amusing story. The only scary part was the over 200 price. Fist noose I’ve seen that was braided, looks kinda like a mooring line. 755BDB73-A7AA-405E-B18C-E0ED3BCC52CB.jpeg 9AEF9B75-0B9E-4611-A0BB-BE09BD64BD53.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Keithmax and TobyC like this.
  6. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!
    That listing is insane! I would venture to guess there will be some lively bidding at the end of this auction. Mark my words, we haven't seen the last of Clydes razor!

TobyC and Keithmax like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Wow, a Class 5 Full Roaming razor. A really nasty one, too.

RyX and Keithmax like this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

If you crop the picture and remove any seller or pricing information you could post it. The reason why live auction aren't allowed is because TSD has no way to verify if posting member is involved in said listing. That's why we TSD offer a free marketplace where members can buy/sell/trade, as long as membership requirements are met.

RyX likes this.
  9. John Ruschmeyer

Thank you for the clarification. To be honest, I figured as much and the rule makes perfect sense. IIRC correctly from another forum, even giving too many details may be bad if it provides enough info to easily find the auction via the search function.

I'm just glad that a mod removed the link and not the whole thread... and or me. :)

RyX and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

It's pretty hard to get banned from TSD, that is worst case scenario. The Staff members here go above and beyond the call of duty, and I can write from my own experiences, sometimes folks take life out on the Staff, and it's perfectly fine. I live by a very simple saying, kill them with kindness. Kindness Trump's All. :)

11. John Ruschmeyer

I'm assuming that in a community as large and diverse as the DENizens, we must have at least a couple of students of the paranormal (or some pesky kids and a dog). So, I'm curious...

If the story were real (and not the creation of a brilliant seller), then what is likely happening? It seems like one of two obvious possibilities; either a) Clyde's spirit now inhabits a pre-War Tech or b) Clyde's spirit is relatively free-moving but he can somehow only affect the razor.

If it is the former, then I'm curious as to how (and why) such a possession might occur. Is it a personal preference thing? Would even the most fanatical of us, if he were to die tomorrow, find his spirit bound to a beloved Fatboy (or Schick E2, Gem Damaskene, or W&B)?

The latter scenario seems like it might make a bit more sense. The assumption would be a spirit which walks the Earth, but can only affect this razor (imagine Patrick Swayze in Ghost but more limited in his powers). It would explain why the exorcism failed (wrong procedure) and, maybe, why the jar and box work so well. (Perhaps direct contact is required, though I don't why you'd need both, then.) The nature of the connection become interesting, at that point. Is it from simple ownership or is a blood bond involved? If it is a blood bond, then would a soak in Barbicide be enough to break it? (Babicide blessed by a priest?)

Okay... enough ramblings for a Saturday morning...

12. John Ruschmeyer

Sounds like a new motto... "Technique Trumps Tools, but Kindness Trumps All".

SharptoothC and Keithmax like this.
  13. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

1y0c10.jpg

Keithmax, Enrico and mrchick like this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Chases all poltergeist, spirits and apparitions from DE, SE, and SR! And has the added bonus of smelling oh so fresh and clean. :cool:

Keithmax likes this.
  15. John Ruschmeyer

So, if you Google for "How does an object become haunted?", it turns out that there is a lot of speculation that all seems to boil down to a two thoughts. The first one is that the object is not haunted, per se, but may have absorbed residual energy from the owner at the time of death. This might happen, for instance, if Clyde had died in the bathroom and/or while shaving. The other is, as I theorized earlier, an Earth-bound spirit continuing to interact with a special possession.
    One thing I hadn't seen before was the idea of breaking the connection by cleansing the item with salt.

Keithmax likes this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

An explanation on salt as a historical religious cleansing agent -> Here.

17. John Ruschmeyer

Have any of you read the listing in question recently? It seems like the seller/troll has added a few details. Normally, I'd say that he's Gilding The Lily, but in this case its more like adding sequins.

TobyC likes this.
  18. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

"After several requests to further explain the spirit in this razor here is the story of Clyde's demise. Clyde was crushed by a float at a pride parade 13 years ago. After having a phallic float crash on top of him Clyde limped home hurt where he passed away in his bathroom. Clyde was found laying on the floor of his bathroom with the razor underneath his lower back."

Keithmax and Linuxguile like this.
  19. John Ruschmeyer

[​IMG]

RyX likes this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Fonzie Approved.jpg
    Not there's anything wrong with that. I don't ask the history of vintage razors found at antique or thrift stores. It's got me wondering about a '59 Fatboy purchased from an estate sale. Being an E4 just like my current one, after cleaning it up I did a side by side shave. Couldn't tell them apart, so Neal @NCoxSTL got either mine, or the other one. Obviously the previous owner had passed away because the family was selling everything in the house. Fifty- fifty chance of potential spookiness.

Keithmax likes this.