Oct 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Sep 30, 2017.

?

What is your plan for OCtober?

1. Shave with one or more really cool DE OC razors.

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. Shave with one or more really cool SE OC razors.

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Shave with one or more DE and SE OC razors.

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. Durham Duplex counts, right?

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  5. All straight, all the time.

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  6. To find the freaking cookies I keep hearing so much about.

14 vote(s)
    45.2%
  7. I'm just waiting until Halloween. I need candy!

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Are you egging me on, Brian, or offering to bake me cookies?

2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Have fun at the play! Sounds fun. My wife and enjoy our date nights to plays very much.

3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Classic! :happy088:

4. wristwatchb

Thank you, Brian. My Bride and I have season tickets to the local dinner theater and to the Broadway Series. We love going to the theater. I hope you all have a great weekend. It is starting to feel like Fall here.

5. mrchick

My wife and I are fifteen year subscribers to the Broadway Series and have loved it. Half a dozen great date nights a year. Have fun!

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great looking photo and brush Brian. I added the St John's Bay Rum to my Christmas list for the girls. Fingers crossed.

Have fun Charlie.

7. wristwatchb

Good Morning, Paul. That's the great thing about our shaving hobby. You always have tomorrow to try again. :)

8. mrchick

Thank you Clint. It’s worth crossing fingers for

9. wristwatchb

That sounds great, Brian. This is our third or fourth year. Our favorite play this season, by far, has been Beautiful: The Carole King Musical. How about you all?

10. wristwatchb

Thanks Clint. I'm continuing to pray for Maya. I hope she's relaxed and streaming Netflix again today while you wait on her hand and foot. :)

11. mrchick

It sounds like they are working East to West. We are looking forward to seeing Beautiful on November 5th. Last season had a wonderful Phantom of the Opera. We have seen so many great plays that it’s hard to pick favorites. Most of them are very good.

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Charlie. You described the situation perfectly. :D

13. wristwatchb

Brian, I think you will enjoy Beautiful. Before we saw it, I didn't realize that Carole King had written songs for so many other singers. Next up for us here in Kentucky is Finding Neverland.

We've seen Phantom several times, and we've enjoyed it as well. We were very fortunate to see Phantom and Wicked in London this spring. Phantom has been playing continuously in Her Majesty's Theatre in the Haymarket for 31 years!

14. mrchick

Now I’m envious. My wife has seen Phantom in London and wants to take me there for a play. It sounds like you will see each play before me. No spoilers

15. wristwatchb

That would be a fantastic trip if you love theater. Of course, there is so much to do and see there, but you could easily see one or two plays every day. It is quite a lot of fun. Let me know if you decide to go, and I'll send you my London travel guides and maps.

Not to brag or anything, but I have connections with Geo. F. Trumper's. On my last visit, the saleslady gave me a 0.05 oz. sample of Sandalwood Cologne and a 5 ml sample of the matching skin food. :D

16. mrchick

Thank you! I will.

17. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

You could use this instead of straights? High praise indeed, Brian.

18. mrchick

Yes, this razor is an excellent performer. In fact I got as nice a shave today on the fifth use of a blade than I have ever had with any DE. I can get this shave with a straight, but not in three very quick passes. I would buy this razor!
    Now, I will slither back to the Dark Side....

19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Just imagine what Tom's straight razor would do! He mentioned thinking about making one, but that's a whole 'nother kettle of cookies.

20. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD October 21, 2017

Prep: Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: Schick M adjustable injector
    Brush: Jayaruh #142 black badger
    Lather: Soap Commander Passion
    WTG, XTG

Great shave. Some of the best lather I have had in a long time. Soap Commander works so well. Smooth, comfortable, easy, and refreshing. Not much more to report.

I am off in a little while to carry 170 of my closest friends to a band contest at Jacksonville State University in northeast Alabama. We'll go and watch some bands perform, eat dinner, and them compete at 8:15 Central tonight. Going to be a long day! The kids are a little tense because they want to do well, so I have to manage some one-on-one relationships throughout the day. Being a teacher is much, much more than actually teaching your subject. We are teaching a kid....respect, behavior, impulse control, self discipline, and on and on. It can be very challenging at times. This will be one of those days as everyone will be on edge in wanting to do their best and pushing others to do the same. But all will be well in the long run as everything works out over time.

Sorry to go philosophical on you! I know you guys have been there with your own kids and all of us had teachers that molded our paths and helped shape us. Tell those teachers thank you if you are still in touch. It will mean the world to them.

Have a great weekend!

SOTD 10-21-17.JPG