Show off your pens

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Darkbulb, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying.

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Wish I had the wherewithal to get my Esterbrooks in writing condition. Depending on the nib, when they did write I preferred them to my Parker 21 standbys.

3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

IMG_1327.JPG
    Back about '96 or '97 my oldest bought me this pen for Fathers Day with money he earned by doing "chores" around the house. We used to watch Bugs Bunny cartoons together. I used it on the Job and on other jobs I've had since.
    When people would start to get to me I'd face it at 'em and say "Talk to the Bunny".

brit, Eeyore, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Parker Roller Ball, worn to brass after 25 years and many refills. [​IMG]

brit, battle.munky, Eeyore and 2 others like this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Parker Duofold Jr, 90+ years old, all inked up and ready for sermon notes.
    20171001_084451.jpg

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

That's a classic!

richgem likes this.
  7. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Here's my Carène; a very smooth writer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    wristwatchb and Bama Samurai like this.
  8. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

1950's German flex OB mob

[​IMG]

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

brit, swarden43 and wristwatchb like this.
  9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I love the old Pelikan pens. (the modern ones aren't too bad either)

10. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

The main difference for me is in the nibs; the old nibs have much more "give". I especially like the oblique nibs.

--

11. richgem

I agree. The old flex nibs are a dream to write with. But, you do have to be careful about too much hand pressure if you are not used to writing with them.

12. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I think I have some experience in writing with vintage flex nibs

--

13. richgem

:D

14. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

There's more to show off ;) ... this Lamy 2000 still has "W. Germany" under the clip, so it was made before 1989. I bought it in the early 1990's.

The business end looks scruffy, but that is because this pen has seen a lot of use! It is currently filled with Akkerman Koningsblauw (Royal blue).

Lamy2000.jpg

wristwatchb likes this.
  15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'd like to be able to use my fountain pens at work. I have maybe two dozen, to include several vintage.
    I don't use them because of the paper. The majority of stuff is on cheap copy paper. Even with a fine nib, the paper soaks up ink so bad it's like using a large Sharpie. Post-It notes, aka stickie notes, are quite common, as well. That paper has a waxy surface that the ink just sits on, doesn't really soak in, takes forever, if ever, to dry. I settle for a Parker Jotter at work (I loathe stick pens and those 25-for-a-buck click pens), using my fountain pens for sermon notes on MY paper.

16. brit

brit in a box

me too,thought the i was missing.not touching that one.no pun intended....

17. richgem

Steve, have you tried Noodler's ink? They have a couple of versions that are supposed to be quick drying. Other versions are waterproof once dry and they have a ton of colors.

18. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

I use "Noodler's Black" in a Pilot Prera fine nib. The Noodler's ink works really well on cheap paper. It is inexpensive also. You get a lot of ink, (3oz.), for about $12.50.

19. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Contact Danny Fudge at The Write Pen. Danny is one of the Good Guys and will either fix your pen or tell you who better to try.

20. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Sheaffer is now owned by Cross.