What is your current soap rotation?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rusty blade, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I go through phases with this. Way back when...I used to have a unvarying rotation of 25 soaps, and I was sure the sky would fall if I broke the rotation. Then I got it down to 10 soaps and I have gone through a dozen variations since then. Now I am selecting one soap and using it for the entire month. October was B&M Unscented. November is MWF. I think December is going to be Saponificio Varesino. I realize its kind of nice using just one soap for a period of time. I have tried to use one soap until its gone, but after using Williams soap for nearly 40 years I realize I do like some variation.

What is your current soap rotation?

2. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Well, I'm on no-buy 2017. Current rotation, for several months now, is Kiss My Face cream, and occasional use of Mikes Natural soap. Thats what I have left, so thats what I'm using!

3. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I’ve never had a set soap rotation but during a week I’ll use Tabac, Mitchell’s Wool Fat, and either of the following two creams: Proraso Red , or TOBS Avacado. I have others but that’s my informal rotation.

Spyder, Primotenore, sdguero and 2 others like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Too many!

• Tabac
    • Route 66 Cranberry Citrus
    • Catie's Bubbles 95 liquid labels
    • Stirling
      • Executive Man
      • Iced Pineapple
      • Agar
      • Mountain Man
      • MITA
      • Spice
      • Baker street
    • Sir Hare classic barber
    • RazoRock
      • XXX
      • Don Marco
      • Son of Zeus
      • Amici
      • WTP Blue Barbershop
    • TFS
      • Mastro Miche
      • Farinik
    And probably a few others I'm forgetting

5. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I only really have the following four soaps left, not counting minuscule amounts of samples.

Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Maggards Leather and Tobacco
    RazoRock XXX
    Oleo Musk

Two shave creams left.
    Ingram
    Palmolive.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

25-30 soaps. Pretty hard and fast on the rotation. Use one, goes to the end of the line, next one up.

jwr3265, Spyder, PanChango and 4 others like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

No set rotation unless I'm Focusing with The 30 Day Crew. Sometimes I'll scroll through Shave of the Day and get inspired. Other times I'll get the urge to use a soap left lonely too long.

I shuffle randomly through;
    Tabac, Route 66 Barbershop Hop, Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood, Ginger's Garden Acqua di Florida, Vintage Williams, Klar Almond, Strop Shoppe London Morning, Mystic Water Raspberry Lemon, Arko molested by the cologne of the day, a couple samples of Stirling, Proraso Red Green and White, Kiss My Face Peaceful Patchouli, and a bucket full of samples from a soap pass around from earlier this year.

I'm sure I missed some in that list.

Spyder, PanChango, sdguero and 3 others like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Current plan is the following:

WSP Sandalwood
    Colgate Barbershop (cake)*
    Stirling Barbershop
    Rte 66 Cavendish

*I'm not good at doing cakes from beginning to end so I'll probably rotate the others in as I go along.

Later in the year, I'll be adding a couple to these.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Spyder, sdguero, Rusty blade and 2 others like this.
  9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Until this past month, I just kept rotating through as the mood struck. Never two days in a row with the same soap. However, I have 'focussed' this month on using neglected soaps for a week at a time.
    I currently have about 15 in the rotation, plus a couple of tubes and a stick that get used for travelling. One recent binned soap and a few at the back of the den as well have reduced the rotation a bit.

10. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I have a case of Williams, a case of Arko, a tube of Cremo original, two cans of Barbasol, and a small tube of AoS sandalwood in my travel kit. No rotation to speak of; I just use what's handy.

11. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

During the last month I've been focused on using up a travel sized can of Barbasol Sensitive Skin and as of today I'm up to Shave #26. As I'm only doing head shaves this month, and I'm limiting the amount of travel can lather to a single golf balled sized dollop (which is enough for me to do a face shave but not for a head shave), I've augmented it with shave soaps or shave creams. I am finding that Barbasol plays very well with Williams, VDH soaps, and Cremo shave creams. So I'm rotating through those shave by shave. http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...m-travel-can-experiment-sensitive-skin.57755/

But even before this experiment I normally just used whatever came to mind, sometimes using the product one day, or if I really enjoyed it I'll use it for several days in row. The soaps that I have are Tabac, Williams, VDH Deluxe, VDH Luxury, Proraso Red, Proraso White, Scalpmaster, RazoRock Oil of Lavender, and RazoRock The Stallion.

Spyder, Rusty blade and RyX like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I, too, have too many soaps. I used to have ten that I rotated through. Now, I am taking a soap and using it a week and then changing. If I get a new soap, like I just did with the Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle, I will try it once and then put it in the next week. So, SPD is up next week while I finish this week with Fine Snake Bite. I do rotate my menthol soaps/creams for Menthol Monday, and I do Williams on Wednesday. So, it may seem that I am all over the place, but I do have a method to my madness. I just got a stick of Derby, too, that will have to wait a couple of weeks.

Spyder, Rusty blade, RyX and 2 others like this.
  13. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

My normal 7 day rotation (very normal)

( Monday) Stirling Barber Shop
    (Tues) Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
    (Wed) Stirling Black Cherry
    (Thur) Stirling Mountain Man
    (Fri) Stirling Orange Chill
    (Sat) Route 66 Sweeney Todd
    (Sunday) Route 66 Perfert Storm

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  14. Paul Turner

Next question is....are you talkinabout Sun-Sat, Mon-Sun, Tues-Mon...etc? This way, we can follow your prOHgress.

Spyder and Rusty blade like this.
  15. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Yup Mon thru Sunday just like clock work. I'm a creature of habit I guess...

16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

My rotation is too many! I wish Mitchell's Wool Fat each Friday, but other than that I go with whatever I want to use for that particular day. Most Tuesdays will be a tobacco themed shave and Mondays are often menthol based. But I don't have a set rotation.

I need to thin out my soaps!

Spyder, Rusty blade and Linuxguile like this.
  17. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

That's a fine rotation!

18. Paul Turner

You're also a Stirling kinda guy(coupla Rte 66's thrown in)

Rusty blade, Spyder and Linuxguile like this.
  19. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

No set rotation, but currently, I seem to use the following soaps:
    Stirling Coniferous,
    Wickham 1912 Irish Fern,
    Wickham 1912 Russian Leather,
    Valobra Almond,
    Dr. Jon's Conquest,
    and a very local maker- Emmy's Shave Soap Patchouli Cedarwood.

20. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Shaving in the Past Thirty Minutes a Day
    Ya I know. There are alot of greaat soaps out there but I value slickness to all else and Stirling fits that bill so I stay put. The R66 is pretty close in slickness but does beat Stirling in fluffyness.

Rusty blade, Spyder and Paul Turner like this.